NYC Transformers Meetup is back!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Galvatron1, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Galvatron1

Galvatron1 DECEPTICON LEADER

When:
    Sunday, January 21, 2007, 1:00 PM 2007

Where:
    NYCLAN VIDEO GAME CENTER
    226 W4th ST @ 7TH Ave.
    New York , NY 10014

Description:
    For those of you who have always wanted to see TF:TM with other Fans, & missed out on the Movie Theater experience of 1986, Here's your chance!! This is as close as we'll ever get to re-creating the REAL fan audience feel in a Movie Theater environment, NYC! Take full advantage of it!! ;-)

I've reserved the "VIP" room exclusively for our Meetup! Out of the 15 or so Flat Panel T.V.'s in the place, we got the largest one in the house!! It's also the only one w/ surround sound!! We've got a 42 in. Widescreen Plasma Flat-Panel Television in 5.1 Dolby Digital w/ mounted Surround Sound speakers!!
    You can also play current Video Game Consoles(Nintendo Wii, etc.), as well as some older consoles such as the Super Nintendo, they have tons of games, feel free to bring your own games & anything else you'd like!!

Normally this Venue charges $12 for this time slot. I got us a discounted rate of only $10, if a Minimum of 10 Tranformers Meetup Members show up!! If you plan to attend this event, in order to RSVP, you must pay the $10 fee to me ASAP.
    Once you pay the fee it is NON-REFUNDABLE, EVEN IF YOU DO NOT SHOW UP. This is done to make sure other members get the special discounted rate, and to help out with orginizational costs.

I have already paid a $25 Deposit to this venue for this Meetup, and I subscribed to Meetup for just this month, just because I know many NYC Transformers Fans have been wanting to get together in NYC really bad!! I think this group may be dissolved like the last NYC Transformers Meetup once my membership expires, if someone does not step & take my place as organizer! This may be the last Meetup I EVER host, so let's make this meetup a killer!!(Not Literally) ;-)

To RSVP, Go to: http://transformers.meetup.com/80/

2. Classio

Classio Well-Known Member

OH MY PRIMUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A 42 INCH TV for seeing Transformers stuff, Galvatron1 u da man!!!!!!!

Count me in, I'm definitely not missing this! If u don't mind, I'm also bringing Beast Wars series if anyone wants to see it as well as stuff I got for sale and stuff I'd like to show.

3. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    Damm! I wish I lived near NYC. :( 

4. Galvatron1

Galvatron1 DECEPTICON LEADER

Nyc Transformers Meetup Is Tomorrow!!

NYC TRANSFORMERS MEETUP IS TOMORROW!!

EVENT SCHEDULE:

1:00PM - Roll Call: Introduce yourself & tell us why & how you became a Transformers Fan.

1:10PM - Show & Tell: Bring in treasured Transformers pieces & tell us why it's so special! ;-)

1:30PM - Transformers: The Movie Special 20th Anniversary DVD w/ commentaries & Extras. We will watch it on either XBox or Playstation. If someone has a remote & can bring it in, that would be great! (Sorry, the latest console I own is the Super Nintendo! ;-)).

3:00PM - Fans talk about prior BotCon & Cybercon experiences.

3:15PM - Fans will be prompted on BotCon 2007, Weekend of June 28th - July 1st, in Rhode Island. A road trip will be organized to leave from NYC. If the group is large enough, we may chip in & rent a van.

3:25PM - A print out of the Rabid Squirrel Productions Petition for Hasbro to Make a Movie Accurate Arcee will be given out to sign. Self-address the envelope provided, give it back to me & I will mail it out & pay for the postage!!

3:30PM - Voice acting session!! Can you perform a favorite character? We'd love to hear it!! Do it the best and win a TRANSFORMERS CYBERTRON Legends Class: STARSCREAM Figure!!

3:40PM - Free time! Chat w/ other TFans, play a console game, or whatever you like!! Enjoy!! ;-)

4:00PM - Transformers Meetup Ends!!

RSVP @ http://transformers.meetup.com AND SAVE $2.00 OFF ADMISSION (IF A MINIMUM OF 10 PEOPLE SHOW UP TO THIS EVENT, SO TELL YOUR FRIENDS!!)