NYC Toy Fair 2011

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Big Filipino, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Big Filipino

Big Filipino John 3:16-17 says it all

News Credits:
    So my friend just hooked me up with a pass to Toy Fair. Not having gone before, does anyone know what I should be on the look out for? Is this just like a trade show where people are showing the stuff that's about to come out or is there also a collector's component to the convention?

Any tips would be appreciated.

2. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    I know outside of the trade stuff, Hasbro also hosted a panel at last year's Toy Fair similar to the ones they do at Botcon. It was where we first saw pics of Darkmount, Hailstorm, etc. Don't know if they'll do it this year-

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  3. Wajo357

Wajo357 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've gone before. In general, the toy fair is generally for stores to see what products are coming out and what they want to buy. When the toy fair is over, the goal for the manufacturers is to get the store owners to contact them and order the products through them. Because of the big hype of the event, it has sort of turned into a media circus as well. So a lot of media attention is on the event to see what new items are coming out. It has become SUCH a huge media event that some larger companies, like HASBRO do NOT show their toys and the main event. They rent out a separate area in a different building for 'invited' guests only. It is there that staff from the TF websites and larger stores can see the products coming out and plan some of their purchases. If you have a pass to go to the toy fair, you'll have a great time - but you WON"T be seeing Hasbro unless you specifically know where to go and get on a list ahead of time.