Nw Halo story coming up (with heavy retcons)

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by General Magnus, Jan 2, 2011.

1. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

So a new Halo book is coming and apparently retells some of the origins of mankind. Apparently we don´t come from Earth. Instead we waged a war against the Forerunners and lost and then as punishment they took every tech we had and turned us into caveman.

"Ten thousand years ago, humans had fought a war against Forerunners—and lost. The centers of human civilization had been dismantled and the humans themselves devolved and shattered into many forms, some said as punishment—but more likely because they were a naturally violent species."

Halo News - Halo Official Site - Exclusive Book Excerpt - Halo: Cryptum

2. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This is some really interesting stuff. Looks like I'm going book shopping in a few days.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    So they've completely abandoned the original story of Halo (Humans being decendants of Forerunners, "reclaimers" of their technologies and thus why only we can activate the Halos and why the Covenant want to destroy us) in favour of a truely lackluster and nonsensical "we were punished by them" story that in no way fits into the established canon of the games?

Fuckwhatever. I was already resigned to the possibility of Reach being the last good thing to come out of Halo anyway.

4. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

My main issue with this retcon is that it makes the Forerunners huge assholes. I thought they were mostly benevolent.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Me, too. Though everything about them suggested they were very much the "loving father" to the human race if anything. (in fact that metaphor was used sometimes) That's why they left us their stuff.

6. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

What's that? They're ruining Halo? That's a damn shame. The original story, however shallow as it might have been, was loads better because of its simplicity, and now they're abusing it.

7. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

Fuck that.

8. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Did you honestly think that they wouldn't ruin it?