number of bots per flick

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Rumble02, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

ok in the small scale cartoon is was ok to have tons of bots and multiple shows so you could get to know each, but a movie is very limited, how many bots can they have on screen where we really get to know who the character is, and how many starts to turn them into cannon fodder?

2. Bluestreak

Bluestreak Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about this too, concerning the sequel especially. I just hope they don't add too many characters to each side each movie or we'll enter the 1986 movie all over again, i.e killing off the older characters to make room for new ones.
    To answer your question I'd say...6 is okay, 7 at a push. I don't think we'll ever get a TF movie where ALL the robots get thorough characterisation in the same movie. Even at 6 or 7, some will get more focus than others.

3. Autobot HipHop

Autobot HipHop Covert Operations

I agree. 6 or 7 characters for the main focus seems to be the magic number. You can always cheat and have Cybertronian war scenes featuring a slew of bots. I would say you can create as many as your movie budget warrants to have the war escalate by the third film, depending on how many movies they intend to do (I hope just 3 or 4).

4. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm guessing TF2 will introduce 2 or 3 new 'Bots to the cause. As for 'Cons, I'd say at least 2, maybe more depending on whether they bring back Brawl, Bonechrusher, and Blackout when Megatron comes back.

5. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

I think they should have 8. 4 for the 'cons and 4 for the 'bots.

6. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't think they should add any more than 3-4 per faction in each film. As great as all the G1 characters were, the more new ones that come, the more the older ones got pushed into the background, eventually fading away. We all know that. I'd hate to see the likes of movie Ratchet and Ironhide get ignored to make room for a slew of new Bots in the sequel. Keep it to a minimum.