2D Artwork: Nubulans need fan art too! :)

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by ZacWilliam, May 11, 2012.

1. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love the Masters toys and the little Nebulans that go with them. Especially the Marvel Comic versions. They've never gotten enough spotlight in fiction for me. Especially nowadays (C'mon Roberts, make us some Masters!). However I've never been too happy with the way they were usually drawn back in the day though. Look at the main image on my man Stylor's wiki page for instance. Shudder. Just a terrible interpretation of their armored forms. That was most often the case back in the day.

Anyway, my love for them gave me the desire to draw them (we need more Nebulan fan art!) and my dislike for that old style of drawing them made me want to attempt a reinterpretation of the toy in a way that felt more natural as armor that a human (nebulan) being (cyborg) could actually move around in and that would look cooler.

Stylor came first, cause he and Chromedome were my favorite Headmasters toy as a kid.

[​IMG]

I like this enough thaat others will likely folow

-ZacWilliam, the belt buckle is what finally finished the design for me. It's cheesy, sure, but in a way that's just perfect for Stylor-man.

Attached Files:

2. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Arcana. I'm having fun playing with these designs a little. :) 

[​IMG]

-ZacWilliam, Duros next I think.

Attached Files: