ntsc/pal question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kimmer, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

guys, i've been planning on getting a new lcd tv for a few weeks now but i just wanna make sure my tf's dvd's will play on it first. i have a region free dvd player and i have the g1 metrodome box sets. will these play on any tv or only on certain ones?

2. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

Well that's something you gotta find out beforehand.

Like, google for the model and see if you can find any info on whether or not it supports PAL signal. As I understand it, while just about all modern PAL displays also support NTSC, PAL-supporting devices are a little hard to come by in the States?

Also, is there a chance that your region free player might be able to convert the PAL signal to NTSC?

3. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

my metrodome dvd's play on my tv now and the tv's probably 15+ years old. a real piece of shit but the screen gets wavy sometimes ,more in seasons 3 and 4 but i don't know if it's because of my shitty tv or the dvd itself has problems. if they play on my tv now does that mean they'll play on any new tv?

4. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

if your dvd player is region free, i think it'll play on the newer tvs out there. as far as i know, dvd regions and pal/ntsc systems are different things (ex. a dvd player can be mulit-region/region free and yet its only ntsc or pal or both=multisystem). best bet is to buy a tv thats multisystem (pal/ntsc). another thing you can do is if you still have the manual of your old tv and see what system it supports if you say that your multi-region dvd player is compatible with it. hope this helps.