NSMB Wii - Official Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Surge, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Ok, so I know this game really exists and all that but...

WHY hasn't there been any new trailers or atleast new info on the game recently? About a week ago or so, Nintendo officially revealed that the game is going to be released on November 15th in America. So.....with just that small amount of waiting time left, wouldn't you guys think there'd be new info? Last time new information was given, was at E3 a few months ago. It's ticking me off and I know I should be patient but I'm a HUGE fan of Mario.

Oh, and Nintendo hasn't released much info on Galaxy 2 yet even though we know that Yoshi is ride-able now. And reports say that the game is nearly finished but Nintendo is releasing it in 2010 so NSMB Wii can get some attention. I dunno about you guys but this is really bugging me...

2. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

They're Mario games. Moreover, they're Mario games on a console that TONS of people already own, and that won't have a "clean is better than dirty" commercial. They don't need to spend time and effort hyping them until they're actually available.

Actually, hyping those games right now might be hurtful to the Wii. It would take attention away from the games that are already out, and the few great 3rd-party titles that are out recently could really use that attention. Nintendo's first-party titles constantly hogging the spotlight is one of a few reasons that developers are reluctant to come back to Nintendo with their more serious efforts.

3. ronin0510

ronin0510 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wanna use my mii like the differnt colored toads lol that would be awesome.

4. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Meh, I could care less about Mii's. They're the only thing I hate about the Wii. I don't get why so many people wanted them in Brawl. It would look so awkward like, say, if you're playing as Bowser...a detailed badass, while fighting a plain looking rendition of one's self. But hey, if Mii's are possibly playable in New Super Mario Bros., more power to you. I for one, am sticking to Mario and Luigi. Although, I heard a rumor that there will possibly be a special edition version of the game where more playable characters will be available. Dear God, please let this be possible. I want to play as Wario!

Anybody else think that more characters should be in newer Mario games? Really, all we see nowadays, is Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser. I'm glad the Koopalings will be in NSMB though for a change. But when on earth are the Wario Bros., Daisy, etc., gonna be in a MAIN Mario game instead of just spin-offs and sports games?

Comments? Concerns? Fire away!

5. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun UNLEASHED!

News Credits:
    Ironic considering this is the exact opposite problem of the Sonic games.

6. flamepanther

For the most part, that's all we've ever seen in the main Mario games, unless you wanna bring back DK and Penelope...
    I preferred believing they all died at the hands of Mario and Luigi in Super Mario World.
    Fuck all them. Bring back Tatanga!
    :bay 

7. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    You don't like the Koopalings? :jawdropper: 

Oh well. It's a relief for me that they're back anyway because they seem to always be forgotten. From what I can recall, they've only appeared as main antagonists in...

Super Mario Bros. 3
    Super Mario World
    Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga (doesn't really count; they were mainly side-bosses)

And now, finally returning (IN 3D!) in New Super Mario Bros. Wii. So far, only Larry and Morton have been in screenshots and it appears that they have their same Super Mario Bros. 3 abilities since both of them had those magic wands.

8. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't wait for this little game. New Super on DS was great times! Nothing harkens back to good ol' days like a 2D Mario game

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  9. flamepanther

Did I say that? I said I preferred thinking they were killed. It amused me.

10. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This will more than likely support Classic/Gamecube controller, right?

11. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Wheres my Super Princess Peach Wii? The world needs more games where PMS is a game mechanic.

12. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

Ebgames.com says it comes out the 15th of November. Let's pray to the Nintengods it's true.

13. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That would be a nice game to take to Xmas family parties, so I hope this is the case as well.

14. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

i think they counted in superstar saga. i remember when i first saw them i just about freaked out i was so excited. that game was awesome.

also, you forgot yoshi's safari, if you're into mario-themed rail-shooters with koopalings piloting giant mecha that is. :) 

15. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    No official word on it yet. What I DO know is that you hold the Wii remote sideways, as if it were a NES controller. Which is awesome; gives the game an even more classic feel. Although I am hoping you can use the Classic Controller because I love the hell out of SNES games.

I think that might be true fact. If I can remember right, Nintendo themselves stated this. Not only that, but most other sources on the internet state that its release is November 15. I might just have to ask my grandparents if I can get this as an early Christmas gift; they already got my cousin a copy of Halo: ODST a month before his birthday, so it's only fair.

16. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, in that case, I'm pretty sure it supports classic and Gamecube controller. I have one of each, so this is good news.

17. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

I'm playing Super Paper Mario right now, can't wait for this one.

18. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    You and me both, dude. You and me both.

This game and Galaxy 2 are the main reasons why I'm glad I have my Wii back. I was originally gonna sell it to my cousin to get a 360 or PS3 but once I realized that Nintendo was coming out with TWO awesome-looking Mario games, I said screw it. My loyalty will always be with Nintendo. I still remember picking up that SNES controller when I was 4 or 5, and playing Mario All-Stars. And from there-on-out, I've always been a huge fan of the Mario series.

19. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Thanks for making me feel old. :lol 

I started with the original SMB on the NES when it came out.

20. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yup, fond memories of the Xmas I got the NES and SMB. Before we opended our presents, we were mimicing sliding the cartridge into the pretend NES....stupid kids, :D