Customs: Now the Box...

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by lita 1, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lita 1

lita 1 Records Keeper

Ebay:
    Ok so every one here knows my husband, Vector. I am trying to be as supportive as I can for him. I do help with the computer work and the decals. But I want to do more for him and his repaints. I would like to start making custom boxes for him but I cant figure out how to do it. I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0. Do I need a difrent program or what do I need to do for them. Thanks for the help in advance. All of the advice is greatly appreciated. If I have posted this in the wrong place sorry.

2. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I've designed some custom packages myself, so I'll give you a few tips.

Firstly, you should scan some boxes and backing cards to use as templates. It helps a lot. Remember to unfold the box when scanning it. You'll probably have to scan it in sections.

Secondly, the main material you will need is glossy paper. I believe it's photo paper, but I'm not completely sure. Once you've printed and cut them out, there's two ways to go from here. The easiest method is to glue it (a spray-on adhesive is probably best) to the original box. The box should still be unfolded of course. The harder method is to make your own box. I can't really give too much info on this method, but you should be able to find both the cardboard and clear plastic for the window (if that's the kind you want to make) at any craft store.

When it comes to cards, making them from scratch is a bit easier. It's just a flat piece of cardboard after all. You need to remember to keep the plastic bubble and inside bit that the original toy was on. I have no idea how to make those from scratch. lol

3. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I've designed some custom packages myself, so I'll give you a few tips.

Firstly, you should scan some boxes and backing cards to use as templates. It helps a lot. Remember to unfold the box when scanning it. You'll probably have to scan it in sections.

Secondly, the main material you will need is glossy paper. I believe it's photo paper, but I'm not completely sure. Once you've printed and cut them out, there's two ways to go from here. The easiest method is to glue it (a spray-on adhesive is probably best) to the original box. The box should still be unfolded of course. The harder method is to make your own box. I can't really give too much info on this method, but you should be able to find both the cardboard and clear plastic for the window (if that's the kind you want to make) at any craft store.

When it comes to cards, making them from scratch is a bit easier. It's just a flat piece of cardboard after all. You need to remember to keep the plastic bubble and inside bit that the original toy was on. I have no idea how to make those from scratch. lol

4. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

I also have a bunch of high quality color printers here at work that can do all sorts of different paper type, we also have full sticker sheet pages, for instant sticking on, no gluing needed, etc.

5. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

I also have a bunch of high quality color printers here at work that can do all sorts of different paper type, we also have full sticker sheet pages, for instant sticking on, no gluing needed, etc.

6. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

its awesome that you are so supportive.

7. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

its awesome that you are so supportive.

8. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    uh.. you know that's illegal

9. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    uh.. you know that's illegal

10. vector

vector City Commander

Ebay:
    it's only illegal if it is hacked and or stolen

11. vector

vector City Commander

Ebay:
    it's only illegal if it is hacked and or stolen

12. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Okay, I have to weigh in 'cause that stament makes little sense. It IS being stolen...by you...Companies expect only one person to buy their product and use it (okay, and the people that live at that residence, of course), but if someone you don't live with gives you a copy, purchased or not, it's still illegal, as far as I know. What (I think) you're saying is is that it'd be okay for one person on the planet to buy a legal copy and then make copies for everyone else on earth. That being said, I'm not gonna sit here and say I don't do similar stuff, but I had to point out that you are mistaken in saying what you said.

Either way, good luck, man! I'd love to see your Magnuses in proper Alt. boxes (screw those fish bowls)!

13. Triformis

Okay, I have to weigh in 'cause that stament makes little sense. It IS being stolen...by you...Companies expect only one person to buy their product and use it (okay, and the people that live at that residence, of course), but if someone you don't live with gives you a copy, purchased or not, it's still illegal, as far as I know. What (I think) you're saying is is that it'd be okay for one person on the planet to buy a legal copy and then make copies for everyone else on earth. That being said, I'm not gonna sit here and say I don't do similar stuff, but I had to point out that you are mistaken in saying what you said.

Either way, good luck, man! I'd love to see your Magnuses in proper Alt. boxes (screw those fish bowls)!

14. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Actually it IS illegal. But who cares?

/buys some more bootlegs on ebay

15. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Actually it IS illegal. But who cares?

/buys some more bootlegs on ebay

16. Triformis

Exactly! I was just saying in case he really didn't know it was. In order to break the law, one must know the law! ;) 

17. Triformis

Exactly! I was just saying in case he really didn't know it was. In order to break the law, one must know the law! ;) 

18. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah that's a no no.

19. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah that's a no no.

20. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    As C pointed out, illegal or not, it does go against board rules to use the board for such. Outside the board is up to the user . . . *whistles*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.