Minor/Repaint: Now Thats a classics Prime!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by returnofplex, Jan 6, 2009.

1. returnofplex

returnofplex Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So big thanks go out to Darkov for casting the IPOD Convoy head. I had always had issues with the classics voyager Prime head sculpt and now those issues can be put to rest with what I consider to be a perfect head sculpt. The head is ball jointed and fits perfectly in place of the old one.

Attached Files:

2. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Yeah, that makes a nice difference. The only thing that detracts from the g1 toon look is seein the front tires. Yet that's why we have Masterpiece editions I suppose. Did you add any paint to that..? It looks a little...different. Silver legs and what not...

~Z

3. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Man that Prime head looks fantastic! I saw Darkov's thread selling it but I couldn't think of where to use it. I may have to see if he has any others

4. returnofplex

Ebay:
    Yeah I made some cosmetic changes to Prime. I painted the upper arms,thighs,and leg vents silver. The shoulders and lower arms got some cleaning up and painting to get rid of the awful yellow. I also added some red paint to the corners of the wind shield.

5. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

I really like that head, but to be completely honest, I'm not sure if I really dig it on the Classics Prime body. It just doesn't quite look right to me.

Maybe I just find the Classics body to be too angular, and that head seems more broad, boxy and old-fashioned...?

Personally, I'm still waiting for a "perfect" G1 Prime mold, preferably close to Ultra scale.

zmog

6. JazzEd

JazzEd Truckasaurus!

Lookn' good! What did you do with the old head?

7. returnofplex

Ebay:

I had made minor changes to the old head but never really liked it all that much. Right now it's sitting in my "Prime parts box".

8. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

i have found it to be easier to simply swap out primes back mounted grill plate , front bumbper double barroled machine gun lower waist ,upper legs and upper arms with magnus's grill plate front bumper guns upper arms and lower waist and upper legs

all together it does complete primes classic colorscheme but nice repaint man

9. returnofplex

Ebay:

Yeah I'm hoping to see a perfect G1 Prime also. Back when they announced Universe 2.0 I had some hoped for something like that.

10. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    Can't say the new head goes with the rest of body, but its your toy and i gotta respect whatever mods you do to it.

Peace!

11. BumbleBabe

BumbleBabe Banned

great job, any way u can post some pix of how you connected the ball joint to his body?

12. returnofplex

Ebay:

I don't have any pics, but it was pretty simple. I just cut a ball and post off of some random minicon's leg joint and inseted it into the cavity that was left by the original head. I made a small hole in the bottom of the post so I could secure it through the neck panel with a small screw. If you ever take the head off of the classics voyager Prime you'll easily see what a simple mod it was.

13. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    nice update.