Now that you've seen the movie

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by iheartarcee, Jun 24, 2009.

1. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

Which toys are you picking up that up till now, you have passed on? I was watching the movie last night with my buddy Otispq and there in the theater he pronounced his conversion to the twins and vowed to pick them up asap.

So which characters must you own in plastic form?

2. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Jetfire. I was going to get this guy, but now I DEFINITELY WANT TO GET THIS GUY.

Also, I am getting Human Alliance Skids, but I'm really tempted to get Deluxe Skids and Mudflap.

3. binglesbot

binglesbot Well-Known Member

I was going to get Leader Jetfire but now I've changed my mind. I'm going to reconsider Leader Megatron and see what the 'confirmed' Leader Starscream looks like.

4. TheFallen

TheFallen Megatronus

News Credits:
    Probably Soundwave and Jolt. Jolt looked pretty cool even though we didn't see much of him.

5. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Seeing the movie hasn't really changed my opinion of toys I'd already decided to pass on such as the Arcee bikes but it's put me off buying Voyager Long Haul without question.

I love Josh Nizzi's design and think it's the best looking Decepticon from both movies but Hasbro really messed up on the robot mode which has none of the bulkiness that makes the onscreen character look so intimidating.

6. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    *I think the Long Haul figure suffers from Hasbro's mis-transformed pictures. It looks like it'll be a winner if tf'd properly.

I wasn't planning on Jetfire (I dislike combiners), but the character was actually likable. So he went from a maybe to a definately.

I was on the fence about Skids and Mudflap, but now I'm trying to forget they exist. I compare them to the TF version of JarJarX2, with added swearing and idiocy. Total hate for these two. My disgust of them is so strong that I don't care if they'd be marvels of engineering. I just feel blessed that they don't come with sound chips.

7. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cemented Jetfire for me. The icecream truck is now a must own as well, but still am not picking up the deluxe twins.

8. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I had to pick up Ravage and The Twins. I loved the Twins, they were funny and stupid, but I liked them more than Jetfire, who I was getting regardless.

And what can I say about Ravage. That was one bad ass kitty that got his ass handed to him by BB.

9. newguy

newguy i

I'll pick up ironhide (I already have the other 3) and Ratchet (I have 2 of him already).

10. NotoriousBIC

NotoriousBIC Prime Suspect

Jetfire is now definite pass for me. I usually get all Prime combiners, but the combined mode just doesn't draw me even after seeing the movie.

11. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I regret spending money on Skids now that the character was terribly ran into the ground.

I'm considering Jetfire now, but Leader Starscream is now, a tentative Must Buy.

I'm going to Definitely pick up Voyager Megatron in the near future though, Mixmaster was a total disappointment and I was hoping the movie would make me want the excellent looking figure more.

In fact, after Megatron, I'm done with ROTF until November when some of the repaints come out. (The Fallen, Junglehide)

12. Seeker24

Seeker24 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Jolt and maybe Leader Megs.

13. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Definitely Jolt even though he wasn't seen much. Made me want Ravage even more...and it cemented my passing on the idiotic ice cream truck/twins. Mudflap and Skids grew on me, but the combined mode at the beginning was completely pointless and a waste of good CGI.

14. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Most of the figures I already have and really loved were in the movie for like 3 seconds...Sideways got done up quick, Stratosphere was completely not even there, Barricade too was missing. I had to laugh cuz I really wanted those guys too . . . bummer. But after seeing the movie I will without question be getting the Arcee bots. Although limited, they were awesome.

15. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    I saw how Scavenger split his scoop arm into shoulders just like Legends Devastator Scavenger. I also saw Overload, Mixmaster and Scavenger rolling together side by side and now I know that the Legends Devastator with Overload is the most movie accurate one. It does look like I should get Legends Devastator for sure even though normally I don't buy Legends size.

16. Dally

Dally Decepticon

Ebay:
    ROTF Prime actually. I thought I could get away with the '07 version, but after seeing the movie I need to upgrade to the far superior ROTF version. I already have been buying most of the deluxes I find and I definitely want to buy everything from the Human Alliance line.

17. AlphaOmegaBlurr

AlphaOmegaBlurr Many paths to choose.

News Credits:
    Jetfire was a so-so, but now...
    FEAR THE GLORIOUS WRATH THAT IS JETFIRE!
    THIS IS HOW WE FOUGHT IN MY DAY!

18. *Soundwave*

*Soundwave* Derp

News Credits:
    Mixmaster's third mode doesn't look retarded to me anymore. I want Jolt too. And Voyager Megs can get away with being his ROTF jet, looks like it to me.

19. autobotblaster

autobotblaster Y U NO!?!?!

SOUNDWAVE! with improper satilite personal space issues:lolol 
    but really soundwave and jolt really grew on me in the movie and voyager megs has peaked my intrest.

20. Brakescream

Brakescream F&@king Twist Ties!

News Credits:
    Soundwave was the first fig I picked up, I thought I might regret it, but now I definitely don't. It is a shame though that they didn't articulate his satellite head seeing as that's the one he actually uses in the movie. :)