Now that you've seen 'em, which TF animated toys are you planning to get?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SPLIT LIP, Jul 29, 2007.

1. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    I bought all the movie toys, and was a little disappointed (I've seen it twice, want to see it again, and like parts of the movie), so you can bet I'm buying all of these.

And Universe/Classics 2.0.

2. AutobotEngineer

AutobotEngineer Highly Dubious

None. I like realism, even fantasy realism, hence Movie figs/Alts>Mainline type stuff> Melty Tits> These things.

They're heavily stylized in exactly the wrong direction for me to like them. They've got bubbly alt modes, so they don't look real on any planet, at any time. The robot modes are actually quite amazing in the way that the replicate the animation models, but the super stylized heads (which aren't G1 in the least. They're G1 in making no functional sense, but could you honestly ever confuse the two?) and shapely bodies turn me off, big time. I see no structure that looks like it has real function, I see no way such a robot could ever exist.

I'm a mechanical engineer, an dI think this line has taken the art direction into an entirely too arty direction...I need more engineering and faux-engineering to be happy.

So I'll skip most of the line...like I did with AEC.

What really impresses me is all the outcry over movieformers lacking the blocky shapes that poor artists and cheap toys left us with years ago seems to have dissapeared for this round, swoopy and sleek designs. Who would have guess, transformers fans have no real opinions.

3. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    None, they look awful. These made me that much happier we are getting Classics 2.0