Now that the movie is actually out, you think movie figs will be harder to find?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by NGW, Jul 5, 2007.

1. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I'm sure certain characters (Bumblebee, Starscream, Megatron, Prime, etc.), the fan favorites, will sell much better than others and be harder to find...

But in general, do you think the movie being out is going to have a major effect on the line?

There's not too many figures from the movie line coming out soon that I want (just 08 BB and FAB Frenzy...and I may get Leader Megs, I dunno on him), but seeing as the ones I do are likely to be the ones everyone wants...

So yeah, just curious what you think.

2. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Bumblebee apparently is.

3. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    I definitely think it'll make the figures harder to find - that is, of course, unless TRU, Target, Walmart, etc get more frequent shipments in, so that the racks are replenished each (or every other) night. That seems like a logical business decision to me - of course, these are stores that have not always made the most rational decisions, as one might normally expect...

I went to TRU yesterday to pick up a TFTM Prime, expecting them all to be gone - and I was close, as there were only two left on the shelf. Megatron, however, looks to be the shelfwarmer of this series, as my local TRU had at least 8 of them.

4. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    fuck that, its been a week now, dlxs, vygrs and leaders are scarce, no, non existant. its that bad here right now.

5. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Around here in the couple days since the Movie Target TRU and Walmart have stocked even more than they did before...I doubt anything will be too scarce honestly. With the movie being to hyped up and in the spotlight I'm sure Hasbro produced an ungoldy amount on product to keep up with hopeful demand.

6. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I still say '08 Bee will be almost impossible to find...

7. Dupree

Dupree Well-Known Member

i went hunting today with my friend and alot of the toy sections were cleared out....if you want a Scorponok, Brawl, Jazz or any protoforms then you'll be in heaven no matter where you go

8. Turbocharger

Turbocharger We should get more letter

Toys R Us had a little table, I guess there's no other word for it, that used to have a bunch of voyagers on it, I went to it yesterday, and it was covered with 2 liter Pepsis. Dunno if they were running out of voyagers or what.

9. Ace96

Ace96 Well-Known Member

You can tell if Walmart items are going to keep coming in or not. On the shelf label look for either an AS, AD, or I believe its a WH or W. These items will replenish. These are located on the lower left hand side. AS and AD take approximately two weeks to come in from the time the system orders. The W or WH (cannot remember) takes 2-3 days to replenish. If you see a GO then its a one time offer and 99% of the time there will not be anymore of that item. Hope this helps the hunters out there.

10. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think Hasbro thought that as well, he's 2 per case.

11. Lord Megatron

Lord Megatron FFFF

I just went to my local Target and found roughly the same supply as I did before.

Still no Movie Megs. Voyager OR Leader.

12. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    08 Bumblebee is HARD AS NUTS to find. Still looking.

Starscream is pretty damn hard, only ever found one (which I bought). Leader Megs is pretty scarce too.

Swindle however is common as mud.

13. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Is 08 Bee out yet?

I have some cash (enough for a deluxe) and if he is I may take a shot at finding him soon. If not I can always start on the real gear line....

14. evopete

evopete Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Well I have been hunting for the past three days, and have found that there are lots of LEADER and Voyeger class in my area.. its the scout class and the Legends class I have had an issue with..but finally got them all, except for Starscream and black out..... but I have to say I have only seen 4 of the 68 Bumblebee, 2 I bought) and thats it.... and the 08 version..never have seen at any Target WalMart Toys R us...andI have been to may over the past few days...

15. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Wow. BB Deluxes, 08 or Otherwise are IMPOSSIBLE to find in my area. All Leader Primes are sold out and we have one Leader Megs left. Thought Brawl, Jazz, and Skorponok are as scarce as water. Which means theres alot. There are a moderate amount of Wave 1 and 2 voyagers around with Blackout being the rarest.

16. Sir_Sapphire

Sir_Sapphire Well-Known Member

This is why I shop online, the shipping is well worth it for that feeling of finding that which you seek.

17. zephon

zephon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes -- here where I come from, nobody except collectors cared much about the TF toys. After the movie was shown, there was nothing left in the shelves but a bunch of protoforms and cyberslamers....

18. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The '74 Bumblebee is sold out in most retail shops in my country.

19. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Autobot/Decepticon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I haven't seen a Bumblebee or Barricade since the movie opened

20. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    Depends on the store really. The TRU in Brooklyn usually never restocks anything that sells. The Target in Brooklyn has Leader Primes in the stockroom but the people who are in charge of the toy aisle never restock it because theyre lazy as hell.

The TRU in Times Square has two sections for TFs, one on the first floor and another on your way out. Most people who visit that store are tourists so I dont think they'll run out of the big figures at all. The little ones like real gears might sell since theyre that much more affordable and easy to travel with, but I see these figures warming the shelves for at least another 3 months.