Now that ROTF toys are hitting the shelves does that mean animated is over?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by MoonRacer Prime, Apr 23, 2009.

1. MoonRacer Prime

MoonRacer Prime Fembot fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The TFA toys seem to be on clearance everywhere I go! When will the next wave hit? Is there a confirmed release date? Or even a wild guess when they are coming out? Especially Arcee?

2. tomboland

tomboland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    since when have rotf toys been hitting the shelves?

3. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    Animated deluxdes 14.19 at my target.

4. TranstechCat

TranstechCat Cybernetic Chimpanzee

$7.88 at my Walmart.

5. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Animated is supposed to be down to one row of pegs, and one shelf-spot for ROTF's run on the shelves.

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Nope. Hasbro has officially said that Animated's toy line will continue threw the rest of 2009. It won't have nearly the same amount of shelf/peg space that RotF will have, but it'll still be around for the rest of the year.

7. HiKaizer

HiKaizer Plot Botherer

That's almost as sound logic as saying that the Hasbro concerning press comment is a sound guarantee that TFA is coming back in 2010...just wait and see.

8. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    The only thing that has me questioning this is the near-complete lack of chinese prototypes we've gotten. We're up to seeing, what, Wave 4 of ROTF stuff, but not even prototypes of Arcee & Electrostatic Soundwave? We still only have those official Toyfair pics to go by. All we've seen are prototypes of Cybertronian Mode Ratchet and, a few months ago, Activators Soundwave.

9. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Considering Animated was supposed to carry the Transformers brand name until the next movie (ROTF) and Transformers contributed to an overall 47% loss for Hasbro over last year's profits, I'd say no, if anything Animated is on the way out in favor of movie-related items.

10. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Id have to agree if anything the aminmated figures still be sold will be to clear out old stock, but hard to say for sure , but there is no doubt the movie toys will be pushed big time

11. MoonRacer Prime

MoonRacer Prime Fembot fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The robot heros figures are the first ones out.

I agree. We have already seen what seems to be the bulk of the movie figures? It would be great if hasbro would make an announcement one way or the other?

12. HiKaizer

HiKaizer Plot Botherer

Well Animated has never really had a strong presence in Australia anyway, or at least in Melbourne so that's one aspect of my perspective. Also in regards to the loss of Hasbro's profits, we are in a global recession...that will also contribute to things as well. Considering that point exactly in all likelihood we will get a new franchise that Hasbro sees as safer, but my point was mostly that taking a single sign as gospel is perhaps a little rash.

13. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I still hope we get the last of the new molds Hasbro will give us like Rodimus, Arcee, and Blackout. I hop we see or hear something about it in TFCon this weekend or BotCon next month.

14. night-skyward

night-skyward Collects animated, mainly

If i remember right red leader said somewhere that animated was on hiatus in the uk now till after the movie...

so sucks for us :(  we've only just got blurr and swindle etc and shockwave and skywarp are very limited (in terms of where you can get them from)

15. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    View topic - HASBRO Answers Seibertron's Questions
    RotF will still be the main focus for the majority of this year, but I think that's confirmation enough that Animated's toy line will be continuing on threw the rest of this year, and that the toys we've heard about will still be released at some point. Basically stepping down as the main line and taking Universe's place in the secondary line's position, while Universe goes on hiatus.

16. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    I realize what they've said, it just still seems very odd to me that Animated toys that are supposedly barely over a month from release we still haven't seen stolen Chinese samples of, while we're seeing ROTF stuff that probably won't be out until October-ish.

17. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    How many times do I have to fucking say it?

HASBRO. HAS NOT. SAID ANYTHING. OFFICIAL. ABOUT. TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED. ENDING.

How many times do I feel the need to hammer this shit into your brains? I'm getting so sick and tired of hearing people say in a depressed manner that Animated is ending. We haven't heard anything OFFICIAL yet from Hasbro about Transformers Animated getting shitcanned. I can't even go into ONE FUCKING THREAD in the Animated discussion forum without seeing a post where someone's sobbing over one stupid rumor that HAS NOT BEEN CLARIFIED YET. For all we know, Animated is probably going to go on hiatus. When ROTF is done, they'll probably bring it back under a new name, like Transformers Animated: Unlimited or something. Besides, Hasbro has said we're still getting new Animated toys throughout the rest of 2009. That's THIS YEAR.

STOP. BITCHING. ABOUT IT.

Just my :2c:  *Leaves*

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    ^ this.

i can't wait for the new TFA figs anyways. hope we get the constructicons.

19. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Good point, but at the same time, I think the massive amount of RotF samples seen could be the major reason we really haven't seen any more Animated samples. RotF has much more interest behind it than Animated does, and it makes sense, to me, that the people stealing and selling the samples would want to make the most money from them. Thus leaving the Animated figures to go threw production safely, and without us fully knowing it. They could also be delaying the waves of Animated a bit, and the dates we currently know could have been the original dates.

20. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I hope we get something at TFCon today and tomorrow. Where is our coverage about it?