Now that it's over, thanks for making Animated!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by SuzyPrime, May 23, 2009.

1. SuzyPrime

SuzyPrime The friendly lurker

This is a thread to thank everyone involved with Transformers: Animated for their time, talent, and creativity in making such a great show! No complaints, no critiques, just lots of fan love!

Thanks for giving us great characters and homages to previous shows, and for the engaging writing that entertained kids and adults alike.

Wow! Our only regret now is that it's over.

Thanks to everyone involved for a terrific series!!

2. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I agree. I have no complaints about the 3 seasons we got. Would I have preferred 4 seasons? 20 seasons? Of course!

However, after the previous trio of animated disasters (Armada, Energon, Cybertron), TF:Animated was like the Batman Begins of the TF franchise.

It might have ended early, but it did NOT end abruptly. Would I have liked more closure on certain plot points? Of course. However, every minute we had with this show was gold. As Roy Batty refused to accept, it is better to burn bright than to fade away.

Also, am I the only one who did not mind some of the untied loose ends? I think the finale had just enough closure. It's rather comforting to know that somewhere out there, in some fictional land, the cast of Animated can still be getting themselves into adventures. It just feels nice to know that the story is, somehow, still continuing, even if we have the inconvenience of not being able to see it anymore. For the opposite effect, see the ending to Beast Machines.

3. Nagaoka

Nagaoka Well-Known Member

This show was fantastic and everything about it made the fans feel loved. Thank you!

You're not alone.

4. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Thanks for the great show!!

Now, everyone, look forward to the fandom bitching about how the NEW series will suck ass and is ugly, but in the end turn around and love it, just after they pull the plugs on it! SWEET!

5. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Definitely thankyou to everyone involved in Animated, there's alot of heart and talent thats been poured into this series/line.

Funny thing is I'm not sad that it's finished, nor am I glad.

I'm content with the 3 seasons that we've had and the sweet toys that have been released. It's been a fun ride and now it's time for ROTF and whatever comes next.

6. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Also: I've already made up my mind not to resent the next series just because it's different. I, like many others, went ****in' NUTS after seeing those first drawings of TF:A. I thought it was the worst travesty that could arise from pencil being put to paper.

I was very, very, very, very wrong.

I might hate the next TF animated series, I might love it. But I won't have a pre-conceived notion of hating it or loving it just because it isn't TF:A.

That said, I cannot IMAGINE how the next series can do better than TF:A...

7. alfred p. sloan

alfred p. sloan Well-Known Member

Thank You Derrick Wyatt
    Thank You Eric Siebenaler
    Thank You Marty Isenberg
    Thank You to all the writers
    Thank You to the EXCEPTIONAL voice cast
    Thank You to the animation studios
    Thank You to Hasbro for doing a third season.

No thanks to Cartoon Network for airing the show at 5 am on the west coast.

ANIMATED WAS THE FINEST TRANSFORMERS CARTOON EVER MADE AND ONE OF THE BEST TOY LINES. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

8. Usagi-Prime

Usagi-Prime FIRRIB

Thanks a lot for Animated, I was feeling lonely when I finished all the other series (Except cybertron and Japanese G1) and I go on unicron.com to find out a new show was coming out in december! I was happy to tune in, and have been for all 3 of your seasons (Even though my cable got the axe towards the end of the 2nd season)

Thank you Derrick J. Wyatt, Marty Isenberg, the creative design and writing team, and Hasbro. :3 I had so much fun waiting till saturday during my boring high school classes to be entertained by a spunky TF series.

Hey now, not everyone here did that. Some of us watched and LOVED animated since the very beginning. Let's not complain about fandom in this thread D:>

9. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Transformers Animated brought the magic back. A huge and sincere thanks to everyone involved in the show for that. It's been a long time since I could say I anxiously counted down the days until the next Saturday. :D  You guys are the best!

10. SuzyPrime

SuzyPrime The friendly lurker

Yeah, there are 20 other threads for complaints and critiques. This thread is reserved for messages of thanks to the people who created a show that we admire.

Thanks Hasbro, Cartoon Network, and the creative team that made Animated an epic cartoon.

11. colley

colley Chou Henshin!

Quite possibly the best version of Transformers ever made. THANKS TO THE ENTIRE TEAM!

12. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:

Well put, and I actually just posted a similar last paragraph to yours in the Endgame Part II feedback thread, so no, you're far from alone on that.

It's also the series that IMHO, has the both the best cartoon and toyline together. All too often we get a good toyline with a crappy show, or a crappy show with a good toyline, Animated was one of those precious jewels that gave us both a great toyline and a great show.

13. fallen2341

fallen2341 Well-Known Member

Long Live ANIMATED!

Thanks to the whole team

14. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Animated, thank you very kindly for all the Fan nods! I look forward to the Season 3 DVD set. I hope Wingblade Optimus Prime doesn't get cancelled. I'll have a Matrix on a chain waiting for him. :D 

15. WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit Uncounted Outlier

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

16. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    Derrick Wyatt, Marty Isenberg, everyone else involved in Animated.... thank you SO MUCH for Animated. I was starting to lose hope that we'd ever get another good Transformers TV show again until you guys came along and not only proved me wrong, but out-did Beast Wars. "TransWarped" is the new "The Agenda" that I'm measuring all TF fiction against in the future. It's such a crying shame that this lovingly crafted series had to end so prematurely/rushed. Such a crying, crying shame.

And on a more personal note, a HUGE THANK YOU to Marty Isenberg for making my fan-term "Punch of Kill Everything" canon. Lugnut will always have prime estate on my shelves because of that, and I'm attached to this series all the more because of that little nod.

17. The Asp

The Asp Are we having fun yet?

Animated has been great fun to watch.

Before I watched 'Endgame' pt.2 I was confused as to how all of the plots wold come together in a satisfying way.

Sari's origin/purpose, or whatever became of Ultra Magnus, or, or...I could go on and on.
    Now that I have seen the episode, I don't care. I'm happy with the ending.

Finally, I hope there will be a straight to dvd episode/feature length movie in the future.
    Unlikely as that may be.

18. PropagandaWar

PropagandaWar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep thank you! I can only hope we have dvd shorts, movies and more toys in the future I and both my daughters loved the show and watch it religously. Thank you again. Now my kids get their G1!

19. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I agree, some thanks are in order. Going in, I didn't expect much from Transformers: Animated, neither the toys nor the show, but was pleasantly surprised by both. It was a good year.

20. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Thanks, Mr. Isenberg for another great series that was cut short unfortunately

Thanks, Derrick Wyatt and team for memorable designs

Thank you, Mrs Blu for giving us such an exceptional voice cast from the likes of David Kaye, Corey Burton, Jeff Bennett, Tom Kenny, etc.

I just wished there was at least one more season.