Now that it's officially 2009

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Funky Munky, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Funky Munky

Funky Munky G.I. Formers & Trans-Joe TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    We can have 25 anniversary editions/reissues/whatever.
    Seen any other DVDs with TFs besides Oppie?

2. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    Until Hasbro actually gets Sony/BMG to release the G1 cartoon back on DVD--all bets are off.
    Much less will the States ever see some of the Japanese G1 series on official DVDs.

I do have a gut feeling that there may be a Beast Wars/Machines reissue with a disc perhaps--and only because those at least are available Stateside.

3. Funky Munky

News Credits:
    It wouldn't seem that way considering the classic G.I. Joe DVDs came with their 25th anniv. paks.

4. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I don't know, it's a movie year so we might not get much of anything for the 25th during 2009. Maybe in 2010 we can get a flood of cool stuff like the Joes did or when they mark a big year for Star Wars.

5. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    well the classics line is putting their 25th anniversary badge on the packaging, thats something...

6. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Looks like we'll be lucky with just the toys released for the 25th anniversary, like the Optimus Prime figure with DVD and reissue of the first comic.

Doubtful Sony will be able to release G1 on DVD this year. Even more doubtful is that they release the other G1 series, like Headmasters and Masterforce, in the States. You'd be lucky to get those straight out of Japan, in Japanese with no English subtitles, and be either Region-2 or Region-Free.

7. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    g1 dvds are unlikely, we're never going to see a stateside megatron release to go with g1 optimus(which honestly I'm starting to get a little tired of... how many times does OP need to be re-released?).

Maybe MP shortstack chromeless prime again or something.

Outside of some exclusives, Hasbro has released a whole 3 figures off the top of my head that you could say are targeting collectors(current g1 prime, mp prime, and mp starscream) in the past... 5 years? I'm assuming this is mostly because a lot of the toys r us exclusive g1 figures turned into shelfwarmers, but that's Hasbro's fault for thinking they needed to produce that many and occupy retail shelf space.(a marketing campaign directing people to their website would have worked).

8. Funky Munky

News Credits:
    So was G.I. Joe any "easier" to rerelease/produce?

9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

There wasn't a lot of Joe stuff at first since Hasbro wanted to be prepared just in case the new figures didn't click. At first all you had was a Joe five pack, a Cobra five pack then we had wave one of the single packs with only 5 figures. Lots of reused parts in the figures as well.

The flood of 25th products didn't come until later on when Hasbro found out the figures were selling well.

Not much on the GI Joe DVD front, but that could be because they were saving things for the DVD figure pack releases. With no extras on the DVDs lets hope the Transformers stuff will be a non-toy release so we can get cool extras.