Now that GM is gone...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by monosierra, Jun 29, 2009.

1. monosierra

monosierra Well-Known Member

... well not quite gone, but still, maybe its not in a position to force their cars on the TF universe.

What kind of other car models would you want to see?

Ratchet for one might have to ditch his Hummer. Ironhide is no longer in production.

Also, F22s are no longer part of the Air Force's plans. So SS ought to change that before he gets noticed.

2. LeoMaximus1983

LeoMaximus1983 Well-Known Member

Well I guess maybe some of the Autobots will rescan and such but as far as decepticons go they wont need to as Disguise is no longer part of the objective the Fallen pretty much spilled the beans so Starscream wouldnt have to. Who knows maybe Micheal will still Keep the GM vehicals but have to go with another company for newer characters in TF3 time will tell

3. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Correction, they are planning to cease production of the F-22, not remove the planes from active service, big difference.

I wouldn't say GM "forced their cars on the TF universe" It was the directors call to use a specific make/model of car in the movie. I'm assuming that Bay went to a few different manufacturers to see who would support the movie. As for who would take over if GM can't support TF3, I would see Ford, Toyota and Nissan competing heavily to support the movie.

4. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I think Ford should step up to fill the void.

5. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

I guess Ironhide will have to go to a toyota(a little Japanese Flavor there):crazy: 

6. malteselegacy

malteselegacy Galvatron

Dont forget GM is moving forward and alot of the cars in the movie are from Chevy who will continue to be the flagship for GM so it really will not affect alot of the characters,save for Ironhide and Ratchet. As for Ironhide they may just alter him into another GMC truck anyways.

7. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

I'd hope car companies get over themselves and let Bay/Hasbro determine the best fit for a character, then approach the companies as needed.

Too many of them are afraid their cars will look bad because of the movie, and I say they need to remember what its like to be a kid.

8. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    GM never "forced" anything on the Transformers movie production.
    Dreamworks was looking to have the characters turn into real cars and GM was the most obliging.
    They had a certain amount of input but that's to be expected.

They tried to get Ford as well with Barricade but Ford wouldn't agree.
    That's why Barricade is a Saleen Mustang instead of a Ford Mustang.

At any rate, it would be cool to see other manufacturers in future Transformers movies but just because there are lots of cool cars out there.

9. Brutus

Brutus Autobot

Most of the older cars from G1 were Nissans. In the new IDW continuity, those older Nissans are updated to the newer models. I'd like to see Nissan step in, they've got some cool looking cars.

10. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    this opens up the possibility for any car maker to get in there. Id love to see the Challenger as HotRod, Hound as a Jeep, Wheeljack as a Subaru, Brawn as a Tundra

11. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They can always cut deals with Proton, Chery, Tata, BYD, etc.

12. TankRizzo

TankRizzo Well-Known Member

F-22s are absolutely in the future for the Air Force. They've substantially cut the number of planes that they initially ordered, but the F-22 is definitely going to be around.

13. blueandwhite

blueandwhite Well-Known Member

A bit of variety would be nice. Keep the GMs, but throw in a few other brands as well. I'd love to see Prowel as a Charger. Enough with the sports car police cars. Yes they exist, but if your getting pulled over it's probably going to be by a four-door like a Charger or Crown Vic. Bluestreak can pull duty as something like a 370z.

14. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    new cars from different companies for new characters, but keep everyone else as what they already are though. that way they can cater with new menu items whilst retaining what we've become familiar with.
    ANALOGY TIME!
    it's like mcdonalds. keeping all the classic burgers and fatty junk we all know and love despite it being bad for us, but giving the healthier less guilty options too.

15. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i don't really think much is going to happen.

16. deymasc

deymasc Well-Known Member

I think we'll see a lot more of the different car brands in the next one. I bet the companies are lining up to speak with Bay about getting their cars in the next one. It would be sweet to see Jeep, Lamborghini, and Subaru in the mix.

17. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Bay will stop pop down to GM though and see whether there are any cars he would like to use. We'll probably never see Sideswipe in real life, but he was great.

18. Keiichitron

Keiichitron Not a physicist, dammit

Ebay:
    since GM isn't gone yet, they'd be dumb to not continue to work with Bay and keep their cars in the movie (it's partially a giant car commerical). as for changing existing characters, the only one that would need to change is Ratchet, as Hummer was sold off to another company so GM wouldn't own the image rights. Ironhide could stay the same since GM would still own the image rights to the Topkick even if they didn't sell it. just because it's not for sale doesn't mean it can't be in the movie (as exampled by Sideswipe, Jolt, Mudflap, Skids, BB from the first movie.....)

19. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

The government will force GM to go greenie so I hope they fall on thier @$$. I really do not want to see Rachet and Ironhide made into little hybrids and electric cars. Go go Ford :) 

20. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    With the exposure the camaro has with the movies, any company will throw their money at hasbro and beg to be included.