Now that Encore Devastator is coming out in Japan

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Viper08, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Viper08

Viper08 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What are the odds of it making it this side of the pond? I mean realistically I don't think it'll happen, just based on the fact that no encore release has seen retail release in the USA.
    I know it'll be available online like at BBTS, I couldn't find a price; anyone knows how much he's gonna be?
    Waddya guys think?
    Thanks guys for the replies.

2. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    You answered your own question.

3. TheTFReview

TheTFReview XboxLIVE: kpeek

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pretty much this.

4. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

This is one of those things that wont be sold stateside budd.

5. blurr69

blurr69 First time caller

Ebay:
    120;;

Encore: #20 Devastator Gift Set - Transformers Encore Reissues Encore Reissues

Surely SOME brick and mortars will import some but, yeah.. no major retailers will have them

6. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe not in Encore packaging, but I could see Hasbro releasing them as an exclusive in Masterpiece/Universe style US packaging.

7. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would be surprised if Hasbro didn't put this out later on down the road as a TRU exclusive. Devastator is one of the most iconic G1 characters and they would be insane not to release it if the mold is readily available.

8. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Which begs the question of the odds of King Posideon being released in Encore in Masterforce-esque packaging. I'd hit it. :) 

9. Viper08

Viper08 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is what I was getting to, I guess I didnt express my idea properly. I figure that they would release this figure as an exclusive to TRU ( don't think it would be an online only exclusive, judging by how the Seacons did at BBTS) or Target, but not packaged as Encore, but as something else. I'm hoping for less than 120 tough; I couldn't afford him at that price & I don't see any US retailer Putting this on shelves at that price tag.

10. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Probably won't happen but if Hasbro can release each Constructicon on a card for $10 I could see as a store exclusive. Small mini line of the 6 figures. You figure each separate bot is about a size of a scout class figure & if it is an exclusive, $10 could work.

11. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    I would be horrendously surprised if Hasbro did anything with a reissue Devastator offering. Unlike Takara, who has a nice big collector's market to deal with in Japan, Hasbro does not. The last several reissue offerings failed to make much of an impact in the market, be it store exclusive (INsecticons, Perceptor), Con exclusive (Blaster) or mass retail (25th Optimus Prime)

And most importantly, the Constructicons (along with the Combaticons and Protectobots) remain THE MOST knocked off on the market today. Official or not, there will be a LOT of consumers who will say "Why should I spend $60 on these "reissue Transformers" when Big Lots has piles of the complete set for $8?"
    The KO Devastator and Defensor sets have saturated the market for over 10 years, I'm extremely doubtful Hasbro would try and basically compete against that for as small a market as the reissue market appears to be here in the US.

12. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

None, unless you know a guy.