Now I know what a grail feels like!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by mweeuser, May 5, 2009.

1. mweeuser

mweeuser Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    First off, I'm one of those pathetic throwbacks to gen 1 that just can't see past it! (except for MP's, some alternator/binaltechs, universe 2.0, you know, anything gen1ish). I have always loved the pre-movie gen1 stuff the most (84 and 85). After learning of the diaclone and microman history I loved them even more and have done a ton of reading on the pre-transformer japanese days. Back in the day I had about 20 or so gen1 from prime, starscream, some mini's to abominus and computron, pretty spread out from 84 - 87. Then about 10 years ago I bought most of 84 and 85 that I didn't have from digital toys/bantha trader. This was before ebay and before the prices had gone up much. I got lots of boxed but one of my proudest finds were 2 diaclone drivers, 1 in my wheeljack and 1 in my hound. I found out later these weren't even with the right transformers/diaclone bots and I have no idea how they got there but I was glad. Today I just receieved this for $61 shipped off ebay. It is as mint as my MIB purple prime and the roller launcher works perfectly. All I'm missing to complete is a right fist and 2 extra missiles. The stamp on the trailer appears to be the very first run of transformer prime, according to It's Prime Time! One day I hope to get a few true diaclone boxed items but this is a great start and I felt like a kid when I took the pics. The metal plates are super shiny, I couldn't believe the plastic on the trailer tower and roller and all of the inside, super minty. This just rules!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    'grats on your score. Glad you like it. Best of luck getting them boxed diaclones.

3. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    nice score but id rather have a G-1 prime rather then the diaclone

4. turboedguy

turboedguy minibotologist

News Credits:
    It is a G1 Prime, just the drivers are Diaclone.

Nice Score!

Just make sure when you get the right fist, its the "bloated" style that goes with that varient Prime.:wink: 

5. grimlock1972

News Credits:
    you sure i have never seen a G1 prime's cab flip open like that, that said i have only handled a couple of them and each time for for less than 2 minutes so i don't have alot of experiance with the mold

6. turboedguy

turboedguy minibotologist

News Credits:
    Every G1 Prime flips open like that. Check my collection link, you will find a bunch.;) 

7. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    omg gtfo noob

:p 

8. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    The one I got for my birthday in 1984 certainly opened...........

9. grimlock1972

News Credits:
    okay okay geeze chill people I have never owned one and barely handled other peoples primes so i did not know, a Noob I maybe but one that is willing to learn

10. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

Beautiful man, congrats, truly. I know you're feeling like you're floating. When I got my G1 Constructicons my feet didn't touch the ground for days.

Try not to stare at it too hard.

(my GF just started going, "How often do you have to stare at pics of the same red truck?" Guess I was drooling over your pics a little bit, lol.)

Congrats again.

11. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    Whoa! Nice score Mate! :thumb  & only $61 shipped! A bargain if I've ever heard of one... :) 

So this is only your first Holy Grail? Wait until you start getting into the Late Japanese G1 lines - Your Holy Grail list will grow & grow & grow... :lol 

12. OldDirtyBot

OldDirtyBot ODB

Thats an awesome price for such a minty Prime. He looks great. Good thing I didn't see it I might have fought you for him lol. But I got one of my grails this week, the metal reissue Predaking. Still in awe when I look at him.

13. CarafelliusMaximus

CarafelliusMaximus G1 Junkie

Very nice. Some of the diaclone Transformers are interesting especially since some of the original molds were used twice, once for the diaclone once for the G1 release and that was it. Wheeljack is the first one that comes to mind, I think he might have been the only one who was never recolored after G1 was released.

14. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

don't forget poor little skids :-(

skids gets no respect!
    (course he kinda sucks..but....)

15. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:
    Not true. Skids, hound, smokescreen, prowl, Inferno, grapple, mirage, seekers, Jazz. None of those are recolored

16. freezowave

freezowave Well-Known Member

Nice, I always wanted a Prime trailer with the metal side inserts to replace the one I had as a kid.

17. mweeuser

mweeuser Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just ordered my right bloated fist so now I'm just 2 extra missiles from complete! I know I have been drawn to the history before hasbro but my excitement of this prime tells me I need to focus on the early stuff more. Once you understand diaclone and microman most of the gen 1 quirks and inconsistencies make a lot of sense. Who knew ratchet and ironhide didn't suck as bad! I mean, in the diaclone world there actually pretty cool. A mobile attack tank and a robot to do your bidding! I doubt I'll ever see them but a true battle convoy and powered convoy would be the ultimate I think. Glad you all enjoyed the pics.

18. Empir3

Empir3 Bedstructicon Empir3

Grats on the grail my friend! It feels good don't it? iI just recently got one of mine too.

19. AMG

AMG Old School

Congrats on the pick up.

20. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I to have recieved a grail. I got a TRU Reissue Soundwave. I know he is fairly common, but I haven't had a tape player Soundwave since i was a kid. I almost cried when i got him. :lol .