November IDW Solicitations w/ Cover Art (SPOILERS WITHIN)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tim Formas, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Administrator

News Credits:
    IDW has posted their solicitations listed for November on their website with cover art for most of their books. We've seen the text for the Transformers solicitations before and most of the cover art. However, they've also posted the Beast Wars: The Ascending #4 cover. It's quite SPOILERISH in nature, so I won't post it here. Just click on the link below and see for yourself.

WARNING! The Beast Wars: The Ascending #4 cover art contains MAJOR SPOILERS!
    http://www.idwpublishing.com/solicit/nov07.shtml

2. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i still cant over the fact, of all people...ramjet? RAMJET?!! he hits things with his head!

ramjet.

i hope they work in a toast reference btw.

3. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Yes!
    Can't wait to pick this up from FP, Come on, Ramjet!
    This dude headbutted a medievil knight.

4. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We've seen these images before...

But it was before New Avengers/Transformers #2 and 3...

It just dawned on me that Ramjet has his cone. I was a little annoyed that he was coneless in the NA/TF books... Hope it's not just for the cover... (which is basically classics).

Chris

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Whoo, I can't believe those guys are turning up in Ascending #4!

6. B-Fox

B-Fox Mahoro de MAMBO!

News Credits:
    Gatnoyan (anagrammed for YOUR protection) looks a lot like MOTU's Buzz-Off with that head.

7. devilsknight

devilsknight Banned

I'm hoping someone can help me. Looking through the lists here it says The Ascending #1 was due out in August.

Does anybody know when it will be released ?

Thanks.

8. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ascending #1 (and BW Sourcebook #1) will ship 9/26 according to Ryall. I'll be grateful to see Ascending #4 by Christmas.

9. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Administrator

News Credits:
    The previous releases from other sites didn't have the cover art for BW:TA #4 nor UK: Dinobots #3, according to some past posts here.

10. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    It's hard to pass those UK retreads up with those sweet new Dinobot covers! But I already have the Dinobot Hunt trade.

11. Da_Razorsaw

Da_Razorsaw Highwire ownz j00

News Credits:
    The Cyborg beasts, Antagony, and... HARDHEAD?!

Most random herald choice ever.

12. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That Hot Rod is simply terrible. How you guys still support Su and how IDW still puts him on the main book baffles me to no end. Anyone who believes Su draws a better anything than Don clearly needs to have there eyes checked.

13. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:

Thanks for the warning, but I wasn't too surprised.
    I knew that particular guy would turn up eventually.

I am guessing that is Nick Roche's Slag on Dinobot Hunt #3.
    Awesome!
    Uh... I support Su because his art is fantastic -including that image of Hot Rod.
    If IDW qualified all their artists as having to draw "better than Don", they wouldn't have any artists at all. Just because Don is the best does that mean I can't like EJ's work?

14. Zzeezz

Zzeezz Ambassador of Music TFW2005 Supporter

What is so terrible about that Hot Rod? I like how it takes some design style from the Alternators version.

15. oldtimer48

oldtimer48 Finish It Now!

This new Beast Wars storyline is looking really good. I really enjoyed the first series and all things Transformers in general. 2007 continues to be a banner year for Transformers.......keep it rolling in 2008.:dj 

16. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    I love how crazy-expressive Roche's art is - I mean, look at that Slag cover

17. Op_Prime

Op_Prime One With The Matrix TFW2005 Supporter

Personally, in my opinion, EJ Su is a great TF artist. I like his more realistic Transformers art style, his designs and details are more mechanically sound than most other TF artists. Not only that he, maintains a very good level of consistency in his art, and rarely do we ever see his TFs deviate from his standard norm. Not only that, he draws pretty good humans. My only gripe with him, and it's a minor one, is that his TFs are not very expressive, but at least he has not reached Pat Lee levels of "Dull Surprise" facial expressions.

Not that I don't like Don, but I feel Don is more well suited to do stories that focus on the space opera aspect of Transformers, where his skill at designing Pre-Earth mode Transformers proves very useful indeed. I find EJ Su's realistic style complements the main Earth story very well, especially given how the story is more grounded and serious and less flamboyant than Furman's usual fare. I think his Hot Rod is a nice realistic take of him, while borrowing cues from Nick Roche's pre-earth design.

With regards to Beast Wars Ascending, I not sure how I feel about them incorporating elements from the Botcon convention exclusive stories. Honestly, this direction could be either a good thing or a bad one. I'll just have to wait and see.

18. B-Fox

B-Fox Mahoro de MAMBO!

News Credits:
    Don Fig is a great artist and his TF designs rock. Ej Su is a great artist and his TF designs rock. Though personally I like Su's art MORE than Dons because there's still some of that Dreamwave Superstar Pat Lee design in the stuff Don draws. Su's Transformers look like they can move and aren't blocks stacked upon blocks, plus he gives them great expressions. Oh, and he draws Verity, which is something he's got over Don. :)  This is just my opinion, of course.

Maybe IDW should throw billions of dollars at ROB LIEFELD to draw a Transformers series, then and only then can we talk about ugly Transformers art

19. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

yeah he is really starting to kick some ass. He has human expressiveness in his bots that reminds me of the old TF comics but they actually look like transformers.

20. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    Am I the only having problems opening the images? I cant see the whole picture. :( 
    I know this will be completely off-topic but I cant believe there is a sequel comic to Angel!!! I have to start buying those.