November 2009 Solicitations From IDW

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Aug 21, 2009.

1. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    IDW November Solicits

Transformers #1
    Mike Costa (w) • Don Figueroa (a) • Figueroa x 2 (c)
    It’s been three years since the devastating events of All Hail Megatron. The Earth has been rebuilt, the AUTOBOTS are in hiding, and the next great era in the TRANSFORMERS saga is about to begin! Critically acclaimed writer Mike Costa is joined by superstar artist Don Figueroa for IDW’s biggest book of the year—the launch of the first ongoing TRANSFORMERS title in five years! This is what fans have been waiting for—you do not want to miss this!

Transformers Continuum
    Andy Schmidt (w) • Ken Christensen (c)

Brush up on current TRANSFORMERS events with the CONTINUUM, a special 32-page, ad-free book that runs through all the key players and important events in the TRANSFORMERS universe so far! From their debut story in Infiltration all the way up through the end of All Hail Megatron—the CONTINUUM is an essential guide for every TRANSFORMERS fan!

Transformers: Tales of the Fallen #4
    Simon Furman (w) • Carlos Magno (a) • Magno, Alex Milne (c)
    Who is/was THE FALLEN? Why did he turn away from the fraternity of Primes to embrace all-conquering evil? The answers are revealed in this searing, mind-scouring trip to the very heart of darkness, as THE FALLEN rises, and, perhaps, entire universes fall!

Transformers Best of the UK: Prey #4
    Simon Furman (w) • Will Simpson, Jeff Anderson (a) • Andrew Griffith (c)
    OPTIMUS PRIME and ULTRA MAGNUS team to take down MEGATRON, but what role does STRAXUS play in this massive confrontation? Continuing the fan-favorite collection of classic tales from across the pond, written by TRANSFORMERS mainstay Simon Furman with an all-new cover by Andrew Griffith!

Transformers: Best of the UK: City of Fear

Simon Furman (w) • Robin Smith, Jeff Anderson, Dan Reed (a) • Andrew Griffith (c)
    Throwing the spotlight on their homeworld of CYBERTRON, the AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS continue their bitter war. A rogue AUTOBOT from the planet’s dark past resurfaces with a terrifying agenda while ULTRA MAGNUS finds his reception back home warmer than he ever imagined. Will CYBERTRON and its cities burn?

Transformers Animated Digest Vol. 12 TPB
    Marty Isenberg (w) • Various (a)
    Share the adventures of the AUTOBOT heroes like OPTIMUS PRIME, HOT ROD, and PROWL as they battle MEGATRON and the dangerous DECEPTICONS. Using actual still frames from the animated series itself, and including episodes “Black Friday” and “Sari, No One’s Home,” the Transformers Animated series puts new TF action in your pocket!

For more info and Cover Pages, Visit : November Solicitations From IDW Transformers

Enjoy !

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    "Watch us as we try to explain all the continuity errors and inconsistencies after the fact!"

3. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    And see how they distance themselves from AHM by jumping three years in the future since the end of it?

4. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    GI Joe Classic Vol 6 is the only Nov solict that's looking good right now....

5. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:

Yeah lets put the crap back in the donkey. Problems aside though I still love some of the bits

6. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    Well, at least they're finally acknowledging the mess that they've made of the continuity. That's at least a step in the right direction, I guess. But even still, the ongoing better be freakking great for me to consider following it after the mess that was/is All Hail Megatron.

7. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    Can't wait for that issue of Tales of the Fallen-- that's the one I've been looking forward to the most.

8. mirarage

mirarage Agent of Primus

News Credits:
    Glad to see the animated digests continue.

9. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Think I'm gonna give them another chance on this one. The Continuum cover and that Figueroa art look awesome.

10. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I think I'm going to be one of the few people who will try out that continuing series regardless of AHM's quality, although probably just to see HOW they plan on recovering from that train wreck of a series.

Although first I need to finish getting all the -ation series, I'm missing everything past Elevation #2 for some reason.

11. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Have we started placing bets on how long the ongoing goes before they decide to reboot again? I'll throw in for ten months before the announcement and another two issues to "clean up" before they start over. Though that may be further than they actually make it.

12. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not sure if I want to get back into the comics (I didn't want to quit for the record) it just seems a fair bit of hard work to get into even with the ace art.

maybe I'm just nostalgic for the days when all tf comics were just numbered 1-100+ and then their was a little bit of text saying X of X issues for the story arcs. it made following stuff much simpler and I knew if I missed an issue.

13. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Was in my comic book store today saw the 1st one.:thumbs2: 

I'll always give them a chance, gotta keep the faith--it'll work out.:cool: 

14. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Transformers: Continuum is going to be fun - and Tales of the Fallen doubly so, hopefuly we'll see The Fallen in his Dreamwave body.

15. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm wondering if Furman will take the multiverse approach with The Fallen's spotlight, or just focus on what he was doing in the movieverse without mentioning alternate realities or super-beings.

16. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Glad to see Animated continued.

Unfortunately, so does IDW. :( 

What are the key players and important events?
    Do you think IDW will actually do the following:
    Infiltration #1 -Devastation #4:
    All of this is ignored -so why bother? We're not.
    Transformers and Avengers -Autobots and Avengers hang out on Dr. Doom's front porch. No lemonade.
    Spotlights -are ya frickin' serious? We don't even know and we published them!
    All Hail Megatron -Might keep this around. Might not. Drift has three swords! Three. That's almost four swords!

17. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Pass. After seeing the Don's art in the recent AHM issue, I don't think I'll enjoy this at all. Not to mention, I was enjoying Furman's stuff, which had a significant portion of the action occurring off-Earth. Returning to Earth just doesn't appeal to me.

I've got most of the IDW issues, so I really don't see the need for this even if I was sticking with the book.

18. Omnus

Omnus needs more time TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Interested in Transformers:Continuum myself, mostly to see how they rectify the mess they've made of their continuity.

A big sticker for me on that one is how most of the Autobots aside from the ones seen in AHM fared. It's a moderately-acceptable stretch to say that Sunstreaker somehow had the command codes for general Autobot ships, like maybe he was in charge of the codes for one himself at one point (although why wouldn't each ship have its own command codes?). It's completely unbelievable that Mr. Personal-lockdown Fortress Maximus wouldn't alter and keep to himself only the command codes for the Garrus-9 facility. Likewise, Sunstreaker would have zero reason to have the command codes for the Autobot Orbital Command Hub.

I'm still open-minded for the ongoing as well (if I weren't there would be no reason to be interested in Continuum).

It's too difficult to get any real sense of what Mike Costa's writing will be like from that short bit in AHM #13, so I have no real prejudgments on that.

I'm also hoping Don works through his issues on evolving his art style quickly. He was already a great artist in terms of general design as well as mechanical detailing (and non-mechanical detailing as seen in Stormbringer). It's admirable that he would want to evolve his style further, but emulating the movie aesthetic is de-evolution for him (AHM #13 has proof of that). Having breaks in the skin (armor) to expose internals is not a design that works naturally. The only good thing about the movie aesthetic is how detailed it is, but Don was already highly proficient with that, so I'm hoping that he recognizes that before it kills my enjoyment of the ongoing series.

Here's hoping to the future.

19. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I just hope there's 46 different covers for all these issues. That's like $164 that I don't need or want!

/sarcasm

20. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Yeah, but he doesn't want to draw like how everybody keeps expecting him to draw. That's why popular artists get burnt out and leave books.

I've only ever bought covers I like or whichever one I find. Why do people buy all variant covers? It seems costly and pointless, considering the comics are worthless.