Nova #1 (SPOILERS AND GUSHING WITHIN)

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Vangelus, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So...

Current cosmic-Marvel RULES.

Nova #1, like the two Heralds issues, really showed Annihilation as having a bigtime aftermath. Cosmic Marvel is in ruins, and it's making for some great stories. Lots of the big powers have been crippled or shredded by the Annihilation Wave (which still has a few unhatched invasion pods floating around, apparently). And Richard Rider, who absorbed the power of the entire Nova Corps Worldmind in Annihilation, is coping with the madhouse state of the cosmos by pulling a Samaritan and trying to be everywhere at once.

The writer's managing to do justice to Giffen's Annihilation work, IMO. I just hope that Nova heads -back out to space- within the next couple issues.

I also hope he kicks Tony's ass then leaves, but I admit a slight bias. >.> Seriously though, Nova's been trying to ensure the safety of the entire UNIVERSE, and the entire time that's been going on Tony's been busy with the Civil War stuff. From Richard's point of view...I can see him being a little pissed off. :D 

2. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    it just occurred to me when nova's human name, when a nickname is applied his first name in conjunction with his surname, is frickin hilarious.

3. Vangelus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He's Dick Rider, but if you say it to his face he'll poke your house and blow up its neighbourhood.

4. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i havent read nova, but im going to add it to my list. i really wanna read annihilation first though, cuz i missed it all, but the tpb arent coming out for another month or 2 at least, which means im gonna have to hang on to these issues until i read all 3 annihilation books....

5. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    You forgot that Nova's also going to be paying Speedball a visit. That should be interesting. Think he's going to tell him off for all his emo bs? Should be entertaining to say the least.

6. Vangelus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If the cover is any indication, it looks like he's going to pound the Penance out of him as well.

7. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Sounds like Nova is a combination of Green lantern and Captain marvel. Genis Vel had the cosmic awareness and tried helping the entire universe which ultimately drove him insane.

8. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Captain Marvel v.4 was a damned good comic that should've had a longer run. :(