Notorious

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Omegatron, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I decided to watch Notorious today. I'm not the biggest hip hop fan in the world, but have an appreciation for the genre, and the whole East Coast/ West Coast thing made tons of news. Plus, Biggie was a talented guy, arguably cut down just as he was hitting a creative stride.

I appreciated the story, but the acting was not very good. Aside from the rapping, the rest of the movie felt like the actors were just reading lines from cue cards the whole time. Also, the director seemed to change styles here in there in the movie, as some transitions felt very jarring; and at other times it seems an editor was too liberal cutting some parts of the story and letting others play out too long. As expected, it makes Big, Puffy, and the rest of the Bad Boy crew look entirely innocent (for the most part) in the East Coast/ West Coast feud. I expect that most of the audience will love it regardless, but as a film, it was not that great.

2. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    Yeah, that movie looks like not very good. Surprised it didn't go straight to Vh1 honestly.

3. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know a guy who auditioned to play Biggie. He made it to the final 3 but lost out. Looks just like him though but I think he couldn't get the voice right.

4. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    personally I think the movie looks great but I havnt seen it yet

now bring on the Tupac Shakur movie :D