Noticing a pattern of Megatron's rule?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by longhaulsub, May 11, 2012.

1. longhaulsub

longhaulsub PS3 Tag: Northporttroller

He keeps losing his main characters and collecting drones. Is that all that will be left besides SW?

Gone:

Starscream (DEFECTED)
    Arachnid (STASIS)
    Breakdown (KIA)
    Skyquake (KIA)

Possible gones:

Dreadwing (rumored)

And I can see Knockout getting sick of Megatrons crap and walking too.

Thoughts?

2. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

To be fair, Screamer and Airachnid are treacherous pricks from the start, and it wasn't his fault that Skyquake and Breakdown died. KO and DW are possible to reject him, but right now, it's doubtful.

At least he has the drones, the bugs and the epic Soundwave :) 

3. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Well we do have
    Shockwave
    coming at somepoint

Nonetheless we need some new Decepticons

Hopefully Demolishor, Cyclonus, Ransack, etc.

4. longhaulsub

Besides the obvious 2 KIA's, don't you get a sense that he pushes them into leaving? Or you think it's just the self centered actions of the defectors?

5. Darkscream

Darkscream Well-Known Member

Megatron doesnt really have anything against their treacherous natures. In fact he respects that. What he does not appreciate is their incompetence (ie. if you're going to assassinate him, you had better not fail). Megatron truly believes the strongest should rule, and to his knowledge, he is the only one worthy of that title. However if someone should successfully bump him off, he would respect that (excluding the obvious paradox of being unable to respect anyone when you're dead).

6. megapork

megapork Cheese

Has anyone noticed he hasnt killed any autobots yet? Mostly just unicron guys and insecticons.

7. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

I'm starting to like this. It gives me a bit of hope they are making Megatron a crappy leader on perpos and the characters in the show are actually noticing his incompetence.

Hopefully they'll rally behind Shockwave, who'll be an awesome ruler. But I've learned to keep my expectations down. Shockwave will probably be a thug or actually be loyal to Megatron.

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Clearly Megatron's a bad leader....oh wait he's a complete asshole.

In Cybertron (hear me out) Megatron basically was the same and he abused and could not care less about his band of idiots eventually by then they all defeacted realizing there was no place for them in his world.

I know it sounds childish idealism but putting the dick in would be dictator earns you nothing in the end.

9. Darkscream

Darkscream Well-Known Member

Without going into specific examples (and avoiding "political discussion") i think most real world dictators really have put the the dick in dicktator and it has earned them loads of power.

10. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Well-Known Member

I'm hoping this was on purpose too. Due to Soundwaverulls, I'm hoping Shockwave will join with Starscream, and a released Airachnid into the new Decepticons while Megatron might end up like BM Megatron; insane and surrounded by drones. Soundwave will be the only one left on his side. His bad leadership actually makes a lot of sense; he was never a leader, he was a gladiator. During the Great War in the dubious prequel material, his plans usually simplified into burn down everything until there's nothing to burn. He's a great fighter and visionary, but tactics and team relations don't seem to be his strong suit.

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I love this idea. :thumb 

12. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Megatron has a hard time keeping his people.

13. Honorbound

Honorbound The Reclusive Semi-Lurker

I'm with Autovolt; that's a great idea, Rewind. I hope it plays out like that.

14. longhaulsub

Yes. :thumbs2: 

15. Girtherobot

Girtherobot Well-Known Member

I like this idea. If everyone leaves except for Soundwave I would not be surprised. Starscream and Airachnid are scheming backstabbers so they were going to defect anyway. Skyquake and Breakdown getting killed was not Megatron's fault with the former getting killed when Bumblebee and Optimus Prime trolled him while Starscream was in command and the latter getting killed when Airachnid tricked him into a web trap. Breakdown and Skyquake were hotheaded and got stupid in the end so their deaths were their faults.

From what was shown in TFP so far Megatron is an afthole who constantly looks for a new punching bag and scapegoat when things go wrong. Megatron never seems to want to take responsibility for himself with his mistakes. Being a gladiator and politician he is a great visionary and fighter, but when it comes to anything outside of fighting or speeches like working with the other Decepticons and creating of out of the box battle plans for example this is where he fails.

For decades Megatron's punching bag and scapegoat was Starscream. After Starscream defected Airachnid was next until she left and got put in stasis. Knock Out is next in line right now and after a while he might get sick of it and defect too. Dreadwing is most likely going to defect and when/if he does I hope that his defect scene is powerful enough to show how evil and underdeveloped Megatron really is as a leader. Megatron is not a real leader he is a tyrant who rules by fear and someday it is going bite him in the butt hard.

16. gameroc

gameroc Banned

What i would like to see is Silas come back from his near death experience as a unnaturally alive nemesis prime.

It would be awesome to see Nemesis prime Megatron Soundwave and Shockwave all working together at the head of a fully reunified Decepticon forces with Nemesis prime being one of Megatron's second in command luitenents like Shockwave and Soundwave are.

But with Nemesis Prime secretly being the scheming Chess Master /Magnificent Bastard behind all that power megatron is welding as decepticon leader all along the way that not even multiple Xanatose roullettes/20 Xanatose pileups/Xanatose speed chess would keep the guy from coming out on top.

he pulls off a incredibly impressive complicated and convoluted plan with out so much as a single hitch while leaving t all to mere chance every step of the way.

you would think the guy had the luck of unicron himself lol

17. longhaulsub

Well if the past teaches us anything so far, I see Knockout eventually leaving too, one way or the other if Megatron makes him his new rag doll. What about KO winding up with the AB's? Anyone ever think about it? Maybe even a resurrected Breakdown switches sides after the mech thing comes and goes?

18. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    and also soundwave! After seeing that video of wheeljack vs soundwave!
    Soundwave might be on the chopping block!

19. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Megatron is a tyrant that rules by fear. It´s no wonder loyalties of his people are dubious at best. As for the others that got killed, well it was their own damm fault, not Megatron´s.

20. Resolution

Resolution Well-Known Member

Megatron and Starscream are similar in their vanity and ineffectiveness. However, I think Megatron does have some loyal followers. In one of the episodes Starscream says the troops voted for trying to heal Megatron.

On the other hand, Starscream bullied and demeaned the troops unneccessarily. In Con Job Wheeljack told Starscream he sees alot of solidiers who would like to see him get beat up (I don't remember the exact words).

Last edited: May 18, 2012