Noticed something about G1 Ravage figures...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by madhatprime, Apr 26, 2011.

1. madhatprime

madhatprime Call me: Ghostprime

News Credits:
    A friend of mine found his old G1 Ravage, and when I was looking at I noticed that his didn't say "Japan" on the side. I have two Ravages of my own, and in comparison I noticed that one them has a Hasbro and Takara copyright on the tail. The others do not. However both of the ones I have do read "Japan" on the side.

Anyone know about these differences?

2. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

Hrm, that mold has seen so many releases even as ravage itself it's hard to say exactly without knowing what packages they came from for comparisons.

3. mweeuser

mweeuser Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The first versions have a completely blank tail. No copyright.

4. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

Yeah I have multiple versions as well.

5. madhatprime

madhatprime Call me: Ghostprime

News Credits:
    So the one I have with the copyright on the tail has a rub sign. My friends does not have the rub sign, and his doesn't have the copyright on the tail but it also does not say "Japan" on the side, Like the two I have.... I have never seen one without the "Japan" text on the side. His is the one he had as a kid, so it being a KO is not an issue... Just wondering what the changes are, and if there is more. I couldn't find any info on these changes.

6. mellowmut

mellowmut Sidekick

News Credits:
    If it says Japan on the tape side it should be G1 or reissue. If it's blank it should be a KO. If it says Takara it came from the Microman Microchange line (Pre-Transformers). Got 8 different versions of the ravage mold (not taking into consideration stamp). The two without the Japan label are KO. One's brown and the other black.

Regarding mold-stamps the following is my understanding (atleast this is the info I was provided):
    There are numerous variations in the vintage cassettes if you judge by mold-stamp alone. Every different package variant (incl. Soundwave, US, JP, EU etc.) has it's own distinctive mold-stamp variation.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 30, 2011