Nothing like the old " Have party when parents are out of town" routine...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Darthbane2007, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Well-Known Member

Teens arrested after party causes $45,000 damage to house - CNN.com

Teens arrested after party causes $45,000 damage to house

(CNN) -- Four teenagers have been arrested for their alleged involvement at a party last month that caused at least $45,000 worth in damages to a house, according to police in East Bridgewater, Massachusetts.

"There was blood, urine, food, all over the floors," Detective Michael Jenkins of the East Bridgewater Police said on Thursday. "I've never seen anything like it in my career."

It was "total destruction," he said.

He said a couple left for Paris, France, in late February, and left their 18-year-old son with neighbors and a key to the house to keep an eye on it.

The son, who was unnamed, arrived at his house with some friends around 5 p.m. on February 20 and discovered a teenager, whom Jenkins identified only as a juvenile, playing basketball there.

The juvenile encouraged the son to have a party, Jenkins said, prompting the son to invite an unknown number of people over. Four cars full of people also arrived after they were invited by the juvenile, the detective said. But the party's size burgeoned to 50 to 100 people after the juvenile logged onto Facebook and advertised the party, the detective said.

Some of the teenagers "trashed" the house, kicking down bathroom doors, ruining antique furniture and urinating on mattresses, Jenkins said. The family's truck, which was in the driveway, was ruined, Jenkins said. A laptop was also stolen, he said.

Although the party occurred on February 20, a Saturday, the damage was not reported until two days later, Jenkins said. "The stench was unbearable," he said.

The four teenagers were charged on Tuesday. Three of them, who are charged as adults, were identified by police as Daniel Peterson, 18; Michael Edwards, 17, and Gersham Grossman, 18. The fourth is a juvenile.

Peterson and Edwards face felony charges of malicious destruction. Grossman faces a misdemeanor charge of unauthorized use of a motor vehicle and a felony charge of malicious destruction to a motor vehicle, Jenkins said.

It was not immediately clear if they had retained legal counsel.

The juvenile faces several charges, including malicious destruction and larceny, Jenkins said. He said it had taken four to five weeks to complete the investigation, and he did not rule out additional arrests.

"We feel there were more kids that were involved in the destruction," he said.

East Bridgewater, which has about 14,000 residents, is about 28 miles south of Boston.

Seriously, this is gettingkind of old/ But anyway, i'm skeptical. Some juvenile is able to convince an 18 year old to have a party?

2. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:

Im skeptical as well but damn that had to have been some party.

3. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    Fucking kids have no respect nowadays :mad 

Whe had parties every weekend but we helped clean up the place after, so we could part some more the week after.

Sheesh, and I wonder why I want to buy less lethal weapons and shoot kids with pepper balls...

4. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Meema's Law prevails.

5. Triceradon

Triceradon In it for the rage

How on Earth did they get blood all over the floor? Did they sacrifice a cow or something?

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Disgusting.

7. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Considering the parents left the 18 yr old with neighbors to baby sit him, I have no problems believing he already wasn't the brightest lightbulb and therefore easily influenced.

And yeah, that sounded like one hell of a party. I'm surprised it isn't on youtube.

8. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

You said it, and I can't help but agree 100% on that.

That's exactly what I'd like to know.

9. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    Next thing you know they'll be hooking Barbie dolls up to batteries and use their computer to "create a woman."

10. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Don't forget the bras on their heads....it's ceremonial.

11. Darkwing48

Darkwing48 Heroic Decepticon

Tru dat.

12. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I have been to a few parties in my day and witnessed enough home destruction to never want to host a part at my own home.

13. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

this was in the local paper last week. there was a big fight. I would assume it was the blood of the loser.

14. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Maybe they had a pig roast.

15. Optimus-JD

Optimus-JD Team Laser Explosion!

Wait, they had to leave a 18 year old with the neighbors to babysit him? HAHA No wonder the house got trashed, this must be a stellar guy.

16. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    Oh, and don't leave the electrodes laying on the cover of a Time magazine with a nuclear missle on it. Just, you know, as a suggestion.

17. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

It's teenagers like these 'tards who have no common sense that make all teenagers look like idiots. 45,000 dollars in damage, blood booze and urine all over the place, good God I really don't want to find out how it went down.

If your parents are cool with you having a party when they're not home and trust you, follow my advice.
    If you have a party without your parents knowing (And especially if they warn you not to) follow my advice, and have a party at your own risk.
    The best advice I can give:

1. Lock all bedroom doors. The only places guests should be allowed to access is the kitchen/dining room, living room, hallways, basement (If you have one of those basements that's pretty much like another living room) and bathrooms.

2. Along with #1, anything valuable residing in the rooms listed above, move them out of there and keep them in a bedroom and lock the doors. I've seen this happen alot where people will go into bedrooms and take everything they can. Jewelry, money, computers, video games and DVDs. If you want, keep your 360 out and 1 game at a time (Keep the rest in a locked room, go in there and get another when your friends want to play something different.) but always keep an eye on it! Same goes for the TV, though I'd imagine it'd be pretty hard to sneak that out.

3. No alcohol or drugs.
    man yu'sa pussy if you dont drink/smoke weed
    anonymous retard teenager

No, it's because idiots like you can't control your alcohol consumption and go for a drive afterwards. Ever hear of Newton's first law of motion?

An object in motion stays in motion, unless acted upon by another force.
    In this case:
    Object: Drunk teenager
    Motion: Driving, most likely swerving, high speed
    Other force: The windshield after hitting something, and then the pavement at the slightly reduced speed you were traveling at.

I don't have an ounce of sympathy for people who die or kill others from DUI. Plus if the neighbors call the cops and they find alcohol/underage drinking you're screwed. Anyone who decides to bring booze and/or drugs, throw them out ASAP. It's not worth the trouble you'll get into afterwards.

4. Anyone who causes a problem, whether they're pissing a majority of your guests off or causing damage to your propert, throw them out. I consider having your closest friends to keep an eye on everything. Make sure no one tries to break into any rooms you have locked. If you do, beat their ass and throw them outside. This really shouldn't happen if you have no drugs/alcohol.

5. Don't blast the music either during a party, it always leads to the cops knocking on your door and kids fleeing for their lives out of every window and door in the house.

6. After the party, clean everything up, make the house look as if a party never happened. If something expensive ends up getting broke like the TV (Most likely shouldn't happen as stated in #4) I'm not sure what to do there. Three possible options:
    A) Make it look like there was a powersurge and it exploded. Take it outside, light the inside of it on fire, put the fire out after ten seconds of it burning, put it back in the living room. I don't know, make it look like it was some freak accident.
    B) Buy a new one, have the one responsible put every penny they have to getting another TV.
    C) Confess to your parents what happened and survive the asskicking from your father.
    You're on your own to choose which one.

7. Invite a certain number of people based on the size of your house. For example, my house seems kinda small on the inside, has two stories and is practically a 2 family house, so I'd invite between 10-20 people.

18. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    Rassa-frassa kids these days.

Honestly, one of the worst parts about being a teenager was having to deal with other teenagers, particularly dumbasses like these guys. Those were the days...

19. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

^Agreed. It certainly is for me in my school. How are we a "high performing" school I have no clue. The more they change the curriculum and graduation requirements the more students stay back a year and drop out. This has only started though. I will have graduated way before it gets that bad anyway.

20. TMIIWonkoNemi

TMIIWonkoNemi Well-Known Member

*Applauds*