Notes on the movie making process...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Wheelchairninja, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Wheelchairninja

Wheelchairninja Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2007
    I keep hearing people on this site ragging on Michael Bay for apparently screwing up this movie...tell me something, though. What part of this are you upset about? Is it the story, the visual effects (the fact that they changed things without your permission), the character development, the thing itself or the movie as a whole. I think you guys need some perspective on who to blame if a movie sucks. If the idea of the movie sucks, you blame producers (in this case Steven Spielberg), they're the ones with the initial idea and the money to pay for it, they hire everybody, too. If a movie sucks visually and feels a little clunky, you probably blame the director, a good one can make a bad idea great, a bad director can ruin a good one. Does the story suck? Blame the screenwriter(s) first. Good writers can save a film by keeping everything about it that people are attracted to. If the filmmakers changed things without your permission, who do you blame. NO ONE. It's an art form, things change. Songs, sculptures, paintings, every artist has a different vision (yes Michael Bay is an artist by definition.). So, please, please, please. If you're going to complain about this movie, figure out what you don't like about it and GET IT RIGHT. Do some research! Think about it for a while. Most comicbook-cartoon-toyline adaptations don't get it right the first time, anyway. They can't, because that would imply that you can please every fan, which you can't. Heck, I loved Batman Begins, but I admit there were things about it I didn't like. Why, because I see the character a little differently. That's the nature of the Beast! So, please stop pissing about Michael Bay unless he was, in fact, responsible for fowling up the crown jewel of your (and my) childhood.