Notes from the airing of the 1986 Transformers Movie last night

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Shin-Gouki, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    The movie itself was an actual print from back in the day, and it was the one with Spike saying "Oh Shit". In watching it for the first time on the big screen since 86 I noticed some things I don't remember from VHS and DVD Releases. (Minor Things like the Coneheads flying around during the big battle in the beginning. Could be just me) I also noticed some added seconds of footage that were mostly filler, usually involving Unicron IE: when he's talking to Megatron/Galvatron or when he was transforming.

After we got a panel with many of the Voice Actors (Dan Gilvezan (Bumblebee), Neil Ross (Bonecrusher/Hook/Springer/Slag), Paul Eiding (Perceptor), David Mendenhall (Daniel), Gregg Berger (Grimlock), and voice director Wally Burr.) Some interesting stories were told including once and for all Wally Burr putting to rest any rumors of Leonard Nimoy finishing Orson Welles work on the movie. It was all Orson. There was also some debate as to if the "Oh Shit" was scripted or ad-libbed but in the end after all they have done and how much time has passed it is understandable.

In the end they were all great very gracious and took time to talk to anyone that wanted to (Even the stereotypical fanboys/girls), and sign things for people. I myself got Gilvezan to sign a few things for my Bumblebee project. He also asked me to send him pictures when it is done.

In all seeing the film on the screen for the first time since 86 and having my Daughter next to me seeing it for the first time was worth price of admission, the driving distance and the royal pain in the ass that was parking. Having these two goodies signed was the icing on the cake.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    very cool!

3. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

Very cool. Do you happen to remember any of the details? I'm one of those people who can go line for line with the movie.

4. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hmm, could this be the Shout release version? I only ever got to see the movie on the first vhs rental offerings back in the day.

5. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This sounds liek a great time. I wish I could see it like that. That movie was a pretty hue part of my childhood. It would be awesome to take my kids to see that in the movies.

Cool story!

6. Shin-Gouki

News Credits:
    When we gethome tomorrow night I will sit down and try to remember more details.

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I wish i was able to attend. They should do more Thetaer screening of the 86 Transformers Movie.

8. Shin-Gouki

News Credits:
    Yeah, the fact that it was the first one I had been anywhere near made me jump on it. The fact that it was my Daughter's ist time seeing it on the big screen made it even better.

9. TillAllROne

TillAllROne Primacron's Assitant

1986 Movie

That's my favorite movie and all but there should be an explanation episode that shows exactly what happened between season 2 and the movie. Thouhts??

10. TillAllROne

TillAllROne Primacron's Assitant

[​IMG]

11. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Scrabble City bro..check it out. YouTube - ‪scramble city transformers‬‏

12. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay: