NotCon 2013

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Rewind, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Rewind

Rewind Space Hipster

News Credits:
    With the news that Hasbro is going to be banning 3rd Party products from BotCon, I propose that a new Con be created that will showcase and celebrate these wonderful products. It can be a place for fans to check out 3rd Party products first hand. A place for dealers to sell their 3rd Party products openly and freely. Perhaps the 3rd Party companies can even produce some exclusives for this con. In general, simply a place for fans to get together, have fun and buy, sell, trade or just show off their own creations.

NotCon, NoBotcon, NotBotCon...whatever the name may be, all I want to know is this: Where and when? :) 

2. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice idea.... I'd cross the ocean for a Con like this ^__^

3. Grimmjow

Grimmjow Blastcage

Why 2013? I say make it this summer in Atlanta. I live only an hour from there, but not a single Transformers related con has ever been there, & I'm tired of the Transformers world paying the city no attention.

4. Gundamben831

Gundamben831 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I would totally go to this con, screw Hasbro

5. Rewind

Rewind Space Hipster

News Credits:
    I almost said 2012, but I figured 2013 would be more reasonable so the 3rd Party companies have time to make the exclusives. :D 

6. The Crow

The Crow ARK BUILDER!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    NotCon Miami 2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Grimmjow

Grimmjow Blastcage

True, but the first con doesn't need exclusives, it just needs to be a place to buy 3rd party products. If the first one needs an exclusive, they could always go for easy repaints. But location is really important...I mentioned Atlanta because of what the city has. The Hastrsfield-Jackson Airport is there, & is the largest in the world. ATL also has MARTA...then there's the actual buildings for the con. Got the World Congress Center...the Georgia Dome could work...there's the ATL Civic Center...and there's good hotels such as the Westin Peachtree Plaza, but there's others scattered around. Then there's tourism. In ATL you'll find the world-famous Varsity, which is a good restaurant...got the GA Aquarium...there's a Six Flags, but that's at least a half-hour drive from downtown, same with Stone Mountain...also got the World Of Coca-Cola. So, in short...there needs to be a con in Atlanta. AWA is held there, so why can't some sort of Transformers con do the same?

8. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would say that we should hold it in the same city as Botcon, as physically close to Botcon as possible, only a day after or before Botcon.

9. Gundamben831

Gundamben831 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    what about Los Angeles. The staples center is huge or even at Anahiem convention center which is literally right across the street from Disneyland

10. Autobot City Comics 2008

Autobot City Comics 2008 Drama Geek

News Credits:
    i am a promoter for state wide cons in arkansas i would love to head something like this i know arkansas is not the right place to do this but would think some where in the middle chicago, st louis or even ok city let me know this could be huge and a big hit to botcon

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Ah yes, screw the company that created the brand and maintained it for nearly thirty years, giving fans everything they could've hoped and making it one of the most diverse and accessable franchises ever and whom without Transformers would not exist period.

12. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    There are already talks about one in the SF area this August for 3rd party, art toys, vinyls etc...

13. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

A day before would be HILARIOUS. Most of the collectors would already have spent most of their money. The Third Parties would be welcomed back with open arms for the next Botcon...

14. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I love the idea but it still wouldn't be i the uk so i couldn't go but damn you know i'd order the exclusive online.

15. Max-prime

Max-prime Supreme-Commander

News Credits:
    This is probably a fun idea and good for small convention but anything bigger than that you probably taking a risk trying to put on a decent sized convention that promotes toys that use unlicensed likenesses

16. BraveMax

BraveMax Used to speak Japanese

News Credits:
    Having opened this door, fun pub can't really welcome 3P back "with open arms"...

17. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    If Hasbro legal caught wind they could still try and have items they felt were IP theft confiscated if it was too close to Botcon. So the day before would be awesome and hilarious, but probably not the best idea.

18. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    NotCon already exists. It's called TFcon. :D 

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I spilled my drink a little.

20. Grimmjow

Grimmjow Blastcage

Why does only the west coast & middle portion of the US get attention? A con doesn't have to be in ATL, but at least in the southeast...the eastern half of the US, especially the southeastern portion, is ignored by HasTak & 3rd parties. Fans do exist here, & I know people who are dying to go to a con, but can't because it hasn't ever occurred to anyone to put a con in no-brainer cities like Atlanta, GA or New Orleans, LA or Savannah, GA or Jackson, MS or Birmingham, AL or Nashville, TN or Knoxville, TN or Charlotte, NC or Charleston, SC or Myrtle Beach, SC or Jacksonville, FL or Tallahassee, FL or Little Rock, AK. All of those cities are seemingly obvious locations that have never been chosen for Transformers cons, & I don't think many of 'em have been chosen for other cons either because everyone is always so focused on San Fran & Los Angeles & NYC & Detroit & Chicago. They're so focused on those cities that they're blind to most others, with a few exceptions, such as Dallas, TX.

EDIT: Before anyone even thinks it, i'm not trying to rant or anything here, & don't intend to come across as angry/harsh/etc. I'm only making a valid point, so please try not to misinterpret this as anything else. Just thought I'd throw that in before anyone could say anything.