Not the same old K-mart story...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Squishy, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Squishy

Squishy the squishy one

I went to K-mart a few weeks back, and as most people reported from their respective K-marts, movie toys were on the shelves and priced but wouldn't ring up. I thought I'd try anyways so I walk up to the register with Bumblebee and Barricade and as expected, they don't register. The person in charge at that time (it wasnt the manager) pulled the toys from my hands at the register in a very rude way. So I raised a bit of a fuss about it (I was very bored) and called K-mart corporate. Well long story short, today the Manager of said K-mart store handed me a ten dollar gift card and apologized on behalf of his employee. I never told him I bought my toys at Target cause they're all cheaper...but I walked out with a tit Rodimus cause Target doesn't have them.

Moral of the story is bitching and moaning to the higher-ups pays off...kinda...:D 

2. Sludge

Sludge Formerly NC Bulkhead

News Credits:
    I'm thinking they gave you the gift card to apologize for the rude employee that snatched the toys from you. If that hadn't happened they probably wouldn't have bothered with you. But glad to see something positive came out of it for ya!

3. Squishy

Squishy the squishy one

Yeah, I emphasized on how humiliated I was by her actions. I knew he wouldn't have cared otherwise.

4. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good going. I used to be the kind of customer that, when treated poorly by an employee, would just brush it off and let it go.

I'm at a point in my life where I won't do that anymore... I won't yell and scream or make an ass of myself at the store, but I will call corporate and/or service feedback lines and tell them about the experience.

I suppose it's got mostly to do with having been a customer service trainer at one point in my career, but I just won't take it anymore. It's frustrating that we've become a culture that accepts and tolerates poor customer service, and I'm simply not going to let it go when treated badly by an employee.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Good for you Squishy. I'm glad somebody finally showed the common man some respect.

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Wow Bitching does pay off,How come it won't at School 0.o

7. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

*her*

How typical!!!

8. Wolf Boy

Wolf Boy Ghost of Impactor

What kind of Rodimus???? :-o

EWWWWW.

9. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Depends what kind of company you are dealing with. I bought a long sleeved shirt at Abercrombie & Fitch and after one wash the dye seeps out from the tag and discolored the shirt. I complained to the store but they only said they are not responsible for it anymore and handed me a card to customer service. So if you buy anything from that company don't expect to get any decent service.

I did get good service from Coldstone Creamery. I wrote a complaint letter to the corporate office after the sundae I bought was not chopped well and melt too fast. They quickly contacted the store who wrote me a nice letter apologizing for my sundae and promise to give me a free one next time I go.

10. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Me too. I seem to get better results this way, especially at Target. Since I'm a "toy collector", the store employees and management don't take me seriously but contacting corporate usually gets the results I want. With Shopko and Walmart (yes, I complain a lot), I've actually had the managers call me to discuss things. As long as you're not a ranting idiot, they will listen to your concerns.

11. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    When I called Costco the other day I ended up speaking to the manager somehow... I got way more info than I could have ever needed.

12. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    Because if you do bitch a lot in school, you're gonna get your ass handed to you. Trust me, a lot of kids get in trouble at my school for complaining and not wanting to do things.

But as for Squishy's story, that's pretty interesting. Glad something came out positive in the end! :) 

13. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don Pablos recently sent me some 'Don Dinero' for a complaint I made a bit ago. OTOH, if you're gonna complain about exceptionally bad service, please make sure to contact a corporate office or general manager when you receive exceptionally good service. My employees can get rewards and raises off of one person's comments- it could make sure that the person you like keeps working where they are.

-Tony!

14. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    Well, I guess that rules me out. :lol 

15. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

I've had so many nasty Walmart cashiers that I now go out of my way to shop at Walmarts that have self checkout. I mean is it so hard to make eye contact and greet the customer?

16. Squishy

Squishy the squishy one

probably not enough pay to care..

Anyway as mentioned before, a call to the corporate office or district manager usually sets things straight.

17. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

Huh, I wrote a letter to the manager of my local wal-mart about some crap charges, and for them screwing up the seat of my car bad when I got it serviced there (never again). The problem with the seat causes me pain since I have a bad back and bad shoulder, and I can't get it back to a position that doesn't hurt. I never got a response at all. I think I'm going to have to contact their corporate office.