Not sure where to put.

Discussion in 'TFW2005 Tech Support' started by Saberfrost01, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Saberfrost01

Saberfrost01 元ロボ ダイユーシャ

I want to create a thread to 'invite' users to my comic using Bionicle MOC's as their avatar while in my universe.

The idea is that They can request to make an appearence and I'll make a body for them based on what they ask for.

(e.g. It may/may not transform and can be whatever they want.)
    Now this is all hypothetical at the moment as I need to work more things out before actully being in a siutible position to start taking action.

I guess it's kind of like Stonecrusher's topic seen here:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/requests/435165-numbered-ones-colaborative-effort.html

With that in mind would my kind of topic also go in this thread?
    Requests - TFW2005 - The 2005 Boards

Thanks, in advance, to he/she who can answer My question.

Sincerely
    Saberfrost01

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yes, any time a member is asking (or "requesting") members to submit their wants from an artist (again, "requests"), the best place for that is in the Requests forum. This sub-forum was specifically created for artists to be able to have their own place to manage member requests for artwork as well as for artist to be able to have a place to check in and see what artwork members want created :) 

3. Saberfrost01

Saberfrost01 元ロボ ダイユーシャ

Sorry to come back to this after several weeks but I'm stuck with the catorgoritation.

I'm not sure if prefix should be 'customs' or 'fan art.' :( 
    Currently leaning towards 'customs' as I'd have to build each character idea people provide using Bionicle parts. I belive that would count as Heavy Kitbash, going towards Scrath build but as I'm not a 'Customiser' (except for the odd repaint) I'm not really sure?

However, on the otherside of the coin, the builds will be used in my photocomic which is piece of fictoutous work and hence can theoretically count as 'fan art'.

Again, Thanks in advance the he/she who can help me in my confusion.

Sincerely
    Saberfrost01

4. Superquad7

News Credits:
    If you are not physically altering the Bionicle parts, it is not a Customs project thread. If you are using Bionicle parts to create a kitbash, then you could start a project thread in Customs.

If you are creating a photo comic using figures, whether they're customs or not, post it in the Funnies forum.

5. Saberfrost01

Saberfrost01 元ロボ ダイユーシャ

Here. I'll post what Intend to use as the Opening post, maybe you can uderstand what mean more then, but generally I'm using My Bionicle parts to put togeter the figures for my Exsisting comic. Ultimatly the RESULT will end up in the funnies forum as part of my comic.

Sorry if you feel I'm talking in circles here but I can't think of a better way to desribe.

Opening post DRAFT version 2.
    So far thanks to your help SQ7 I've fathomed that it belongs in the 'Requests' forum but the the 'prefix' catergory that I can't figure out.

Yet again, Thanks for the help so far and hopefully this will be the last time I shall bother you with this particular issue.

Sincerely
    Saberfrost01

6. Superquad7

News Credits:
    You would be correct. If you are soliciting for customs to be made, it would have a "Customs" tag; if you want fan art, it would have a "Fan Art" tag. If you're unsure, just use "Fan Art", as it is the more encapsulating tag of the two.

7. Saberfrost01

Saberfrost01 元ロボ ダイユーシャ

Thank you, Supersquad7. I do belive you can now call this one resolved. :) 

8. Superquad7

News Credits:
    There's only one 's' in Superquad7 :wink: