Minor/Repaint: Not so crappy RM KO Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by returnofplex, Nov 5, 2008.

1. returnofplex

returnofplex Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So I think everyone has seen the 8" KO robot master Primes on ebay. At first glance it's just an over sized copy of a not-so-great mold to begin with. But I happened to have a MP Prime KO head laying around, as well as some thin styrene, so I took a stab at "fixing" this mold. I cut the thin styrene and made an extension for Prime's torso so it didn't just look like it was floating on the grill. Next I carefully cut the grill away and put a small lego hinge on the back of it so it could sit back and create a better taper to the waist. I think the robot mode looks great, and even though this custom still transforms, the vehicle mode is still pretty much crap. It does display very well with my classics figures though!

Attached Files:

2. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Nice work. :)  I have the 8" as well, and I have plans to do something similar (including adding styrene bits to his torso--already have the segments cut out). I hadn't thought of hinging the grill to make it sink in more--though I'm thinking of replacing the grill of the toy with something else. Haven't decided what, yet.

The new head works great, too. It's little changes like that which really help make him look cool. Very well done!

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    That does look a lot better. I think you could fix the Alt mode too, though, just like Greyryder did (its in the gallery)

4. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Cool... I've been planning on doing this one too... I think I even have the same MP Optimus KO for parts that you do.

Hinging the front grill so it slants back is brilliant. I'm totally stealing that! :) 

I hadn't seen Greyryder's RM Prime custom. Some good ideas there...

zmog