Not really a fanfic, but...

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Optimus1138, May 3, 2012.

1. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ...I'm not sure where else to put this, so I figured this forum was as good a place as any.

This is a history of my version of the TF universe, and tells how the war started and what's going on. I've thought up several storylines that take place here, that I'm hoping to use in stop-motion movies that may or may not get made. I've also thought of a different, overall TF storyline that has this same origin story, but has different events following it. If what I've said is confusing, tell me, and I'll try to clarify myself. Anyway, here's my TF universe:

In this continuity, the Autobots and Decepticons are sort of like political parties. The Autobots are in control of the government that rules all planets populated by Transformers (including, officially, those in Decepticon control; however, similar to how the US Government had no control over the Confederate States during the American Civil War, those planets' governments never obey the Autobots). The Autobot government has two main leaders (they collaborate on large decisions, but each specializes in their own area, and make smaller decisions alone), and a large bureaucracy. The leaders are Optimus Prime, the military leader, and Sentinel Prime II, the political leader. The primary second-in-command is Ultra Magnus. Corruption is rampant in the Autobot government. Sentinel II is, like in Animated, a huge jerk, and is very arrogant (many consider him unworthy of the name "Sentinel", which he took from Sentinel Prime, the founder and original leader of the Autobots) and rather paranoid, and enacts semi-totalitarian legislation. Optimus Prime is generally considered by those who still adhere to the original values of the Autobots to be the only reason the Autobots have not yet descended to the level of the Decepticons.

The Great War, between the Autobots and the Decepticons, who once coexisted peacefully with the Autobots, has been going on for millennia. Nearly all Cybertronians are Autobots or Decepticons, but not all Transformers identifying as Autobots or Decepticons are involved in (or even care much about) the war. The Autobots hold Cybertron, and rule all of its city-states except for Kaon, a run-down city with a large Decepticon fortress. Both Autobots and Decepticons populate most Cybertronian cities, but the Decepticons are a minority, and are generally discriminated against both in everyday life by Autobot citizens and by the government. There is a general feeling of paranoia and hostility on Cybertron, and particularly in Iacon, akin to that of the United States during the Red Scare and the Cold War.

At first, Sentinel Prime I was the sole leader of the Autobots. A new faction sprang up, calling itself the Decepticons, and Megatron rose to be its leader. The Decepticons, who wanted freedom from the Autobots, but who did not yet want galactic domination, started a small rebellion, and agreed to peacefully live alongside the Autobots if Megatron could rule alongside Sentinel as an equal. Megatron took the name Megatronus Prime. While they were rulers, they noticed a young lieutenant in the army named Orion Pax, and both grew to like him. they mentored him, and he was eventually made one of their seconds-in-command. However, Megatronus, no longer content ruling alongside Sentinel, grew power hungry and nationalistic, and, rather than try to take over the Autobots, incited anti-Autobot sentiment among the former Decepticons. He was aided by The Fallen, one of the original 13 Transformers. A much larger rebellion took place, and Megatronus, at the time content with ruling the Decepticons, was able to get them to split from the Autobots. Now calling himself Megatron again, he made Kaon his capital, and established Decepticon bases on several planets near Cybertron.

The Fallen encouraged him to get more power, and he had the Decepticons launch a massive attack on Iacon, in which Sentinel was mortally wounded. He made Orion Pax, who took the name Optimus Prime, the new leader, and the Decepticons were successfully repelled from Iacon. The Autobots then declared war on the Decepticons, and it has gone on ever since. On both sides, nationalistic fervor died down, and some Decepticons started living on Autobot-controlled planets. The Fallen was eventually captured by the Autobots, and put into a high-security prison.

So, what do you think? I'm not really looking for help with writing or anything, since it's not really a narrative, but I'm curious to see what other people think of this origin story, parts of which I've had bouncing around my head for a long time.