Not Once, But TWICE!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Auto Morph, May 13, 2011.

1. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

So I've been looking for a Takara Terrorsaur for like, EVER. This auction keeps getting re-listed and it always comes up in my searches:

Transformers Beast Wars D-5 Terrorsaur MIB Takara Rare | eBay UK

Those of you who know about this stuff will see straight away that this is the Hasbro Terrorsaur in a Japanese box (the Takara version doesn't have the green spots on its back). Right, so this guy is lying through his teeth and trying to rip someone off. I mean, look at the price for a start...

Then just now I found this!

TRANSFORMERS Beast wars g1 terrorsaur mib rare | eBay UK

It's almost funny when the seller states "I'm no ripoff". Yes you are you lying twat.

What is wrong with the world??? :mad 

2. TFcollecterguy

TFcollecterguy Well-Known Member

Ohmaigod that's so wrong. If there's a way to report that, you totally should. I hope no newbie collector buys that thinking it's really a G1. :( 

3. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    Japan released Terrorsaur in two different color schemes. One that was all red with a yellow beak (show accurate) and one that was like the American release. So "no" they are not falsely advertising anything. Kinda of like the gray back Optimus Primal

4. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I have been searching for a Takara Terrorsaur for over a year and have seen quite a few in various places, pics etc. but never have I seen a Japanese one with the green spots on his back except the first (and now second) auctions I linked to.

If what you say is true (not that I doubt you), do you have alink or anything for more info? TFU only has the all red version and I have Googled the hell out of it and found only the same one. It just strikes me as more than a little suspicious that both the examples I highlighted are opened.

5. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    TFwiki: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Terrorsaur_%28BW%29
    "In Japan, there are two different versions of this toy: one nearly identical to the Hasbro version, another with a more show-like coloration, lacking the green spots and purple paint, adding yellow to its beak, lightening the black plastic to gray, and changing the light red to a darker red. "

Also I know there are two BW Japan Scorponok's. One is black like the US version and one is charcoal gray, which is practically impossible to find.

6. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Thanks for the info man. I actually have the black Takara Scorponok - as with Terrorsaur I had no idea there were two decos for the figure.

Well I guess that wraps it up then. Mods, please feel free to dispose of this thread in your own time :thumbs2: