Not much said about Silverbolt...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Axel990, May 10, 2011.

?

Do you think Silverbolt will be in DOTM?

1. Yes! He's definately a new Autobot!

18 vote(s)
    27.7%
  2. No way! He's been long forgotten by Bay!

47 vote(s)
    72.3%
  1. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    Ok, so the character Silverbolt was mentioned way at the beginning of Dark of the Moon discussions. He was first new Autobot to be discovered, well before the Nascar cars were first spotted tearing it up down Michigan Ave. We had discovered that he was to be voiced by James Avery (good ol' Uncle Phil of Fresh Prince of Bel Air). But now, nothing! We have heard absolutely zilch regarding this character. It was first speculated that his alternate form would be the Space Shuttle Discovery, due to Bay's filming at Kennedy Space Center. Not only that, but we haven't seen heads or tails of any form of toy. No Voyager or Leader class toy mention. Not even a Cyberverse!

So I ask you, do you think this character will still be featured in Dark of the Moon? Will he play a large enough role to receiver a toy of his own? Or will he (or has he already been) be cut from the film entirely?

2. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My money is him being a game-only character and this just being a big misunderstanding on the fandoms behalf.

The shuttle is a possibility, but I doubt that.

3. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    With him being a game-only character, you'd think James Avery would have had the decency to notify the fans that when he himself confirmed to be the voice of Silverbolt.

4. Orbital

Orbital Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Didn't James Avery confirm himself as silverbolt before the video game for the third film was confirmed? I'm sure there's more to this than we know, but at the same time he did reveal his role extremely early on...

5. Funnymerc

Funnymerc Well-Known Member

Maybe he's a character that comes in late in the movie and so Bay thought that there wasnt much point in giving a lot of details.

6. Number1sikko

Number1sikko Autobot

News Credits:
    Hopefully he is in it.

7. Dizturbed

Dizturbed Member

Ffs. Are we going to have any surprises when this movie premieres?

8. Suchus Prime

Suchus Prime Well-Known Member

I am hoping he's in the film like I said before I think he may come at the end of the film too bring the autobots home.

9. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

We haven't heard from James Avery or any news about Silverbolt for quite a while. Here's how I see it:

-Silverbolt could be in the movie, but not the trailers. Brawl and Ratchet weren't in the trailers for TF1, and we were worried they weren't in the movie.

-Silverbolt could be a working name for the character, like TF1's script having "Vortex" who was named Blackout in the movie. If so, then James Avery could be, well, anyone. Einstein-bot, Mirage, Jolt. Could be Shockwave, for all we know.

-Silverbolt was cut out of the movie. Remember Tony Todd stated, in very explicitly clear terms, that he was in TF3? Later it was confirmed that he's appearing in the flesh as a human character. Then it was confirmed that his role was written out of the movie.

10. Scorpion

Scorpion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have a feeling that it's Skyhammer...

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'll be surprised if "Silverbolt" turned out to just be a running name for a different character entirely. After-all, Blackout was at times known as "Vortex", "Soundwave", and even "Grimlock".

12. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    Even though I voted that Silverbolt will still be featured within the film, I am starting to see thing differently.

I read the thread titles "HUGE write-up of DOTM comic book" (sorry, couldn't resist).
    But in it there is ZERO mention of Silverbolt at all. Unless he is featured in the missing pages, I don't think he made the final cut.

13. Suchus Prime

This most likely. Maybe James voices an autobot we have yet too see?

14. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    Wheeljack or Mirage, perhaps?

15. Suchus Prime

I could see wheeljack but wasn't mirage confirmed to have an Italian accent?

16. Suchus Prime

I just hadan idea, what if silverbolt was a decepticon that defects at the end of the movie as a nod too bw

17. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    Not quite sure about Mirage, though it does make sense. A few Transformers take on the personas that go with certain vehicles.

For example, Ironhide acts as a bad ass because he is the tough, off-road truck.

I can't really see them doing that again, you know? It's too reminiscent of Jetfire. A flying 'Con defecting to the 'Bots.

18. Suchus Prime

I agree but I would like a second one since jetfire's dead. They should have kept him alive he would kick so much deceptiass in this.

19. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    True. The Decepticons got one of their combiner sub-groups, now lets give the Autobots a chance with the Aerialbots.

20. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Considering he was announced before we heard anything else about the movie, I'm tossing this in the crossed wires/misinformed pile. How often do we hear anything about who's voicing the robots, especially that early in production?

For all we know, he's gonna be in the videogame, or hell, he'll be in Prime.