Not Feeling Sea Spray

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jestermon, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

Just picked up HFTD Sea Spray, and oddly enough I think I like the PCC I got more than him.

Is something wrong with me I was really looking forward to this guy but he just doesn't seem as cool as my Voyager Mindwipe with his little buddy.

I'm thinking about returning him and getting the Generations stuff if the TRU I go to has it.

Any Comments?

2. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    I dunno. I understand the complaints against him, and to be honest they usually are things that bother me (simple transformation at a large size class, out of place stylising - re fins and helmet). However I just think it works. I don't know how to explain it really, I quite like him though.

That said if the choice is between Seaspray and two Generations figures I'd take the two Generations figures (Prime and Drift would be my picks, having owned all of the figures in question for a few months)

3. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I bought him today since I had a tru coupon, but I passed on him the first time I saw him. I feel the same way (except for the PCC love, Im just not into those). He just doesn't quite fit in with the classics for me. I think he is almost too stylized or something when compared to the others. Powerglide may be outrageously oversized, but to me, something just seemed to work more with him in the classics line.

4. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

Ya, I am not sure what it is even though I didn't necessarily love the old character I do have 2 versions of Powerglide.

I think my decision may be made, also returning legends Ravage, he looked so neat online but in person he's kind of eh.

5. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    To me he looked eh online AND in person. Return him and get something you'll enjoy.

6. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    .....just send him to me

7. Oilspill

Oilspill Well-Known Member

Personally I love him, he's been sitting at my desk for a few weeks now.

He has great articulation, great proportions, an enjoyable transformation and is oozing with character. I thought he looked a little 'fusion' style in regards to his aesthetics in the original pictures, but in person I think he fits right into classics/universe etc.

Beats the pants off the upgrade that Powerglide got, IMHO.

I personally would have prefered a more G1 influenced head, but I love the new head too, it just doesn't feel entirely Seasprayish. Overall great figure though.

The figure I am not feeling is WFC Bumblebee. Limp wrists and odd proportions and mine doesn't quite hold together in vehicle mode and no proper gun storage in bot mode. Nice headsculpt though.

8. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I got Seaspray with Leader Starscream with TrU's Buy 1, get 1 50% off deal. If I'd have paid full price, I'd have returned it by now.
    It's a good figure, but just lacks something. Not really sure what, but I know I was a bit disappointed with it. Of course, that may be because I opened Starscream at the same time. Compared to that figure, Seaspray is a total brick.

9. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think the head is what's throwing people off. If the head was a dead ringer for the Cartoon version, I think people would be less meh about the figure. :lol  perhaps head robots can make an upgrade head for it.

Overall it's a really nice toy and I quite enjoy how the cargo bay folds up and compacts nicely onto his back.

10. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

I was going to pass but I got him with the buy one, get one half off sale at TRU. So I can't complain too much given that he cost 11.50.

11. Gir

Gir I want to be a mongoose

Now see I like him. Sure there's better figures out there but I like him for what he is. I like the fact that he's sort of bulky and I think he looks good in both modes.

Of course I had the original as a kid so there's probably a soft spot for him.

12. Transquito

Transquito Reach For The Light TFW2005 Supporter

My Animated Soundwave had a similar flaw to it.
    However it was the knee parts not the elbows.
    Well just contact the store and get it replaced mate :) 

13. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Slightly off topic, but people return figures because they just don't LIKE THEM? Defective toys, yes, but simply not liking it? Doesn't seem right to me... if you don't like it, sell it on eBay or someone here...

14. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Leader Starscream has stolen the spotlight for me too, but I greatly enjoy having this guy on my Classics shelf. His head is fine for me, as are his feet, and I find him a suitable upgrade for my old toy of yesteryear.

If there's anything I don't like it is the arms. They are clumsy and the weapons look silly. But that's a minor complaint.

I love how you can pose him "swimming"!

15. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

Sea Spray doesn't do much for me either. I never cared much for the character, so I passed on the toy.

16. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I love the toy. I would put him up there with Bludgeon and Mindwipe as the best movie Voyagers right now. And his alt. mode one of the most unique out there right now.

17. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

The G1 toy head is also a diving helmet. Well it's supposed to be, but at that size and that time....

18. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I don't think it's fantastic by any means but it's decent. Those flippers are ridiculous though. Never flipping those stupid things out. And the head is definitely goofy. The simple transformation scheme doesn't bother me at all. And I love the alt mode. And I got it during the BOGO 1/2 off. So I can't complain much anyway.

19. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I think it's a shitty practice too, but what are you going to do. Fickle fans are fickle and think toys are for "renting".

Scuba Steve (some people call him Seaspray) is awesome, I love everything about him. One of the best TFs to date, stylewise.

20. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i love that guy, had him a few months and love the look and feel to him...maybe your just not Feeling Sea Spray the right way, give it time, maybe you will learn to like him more

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.