Not even a teaser?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by jle1076, Oct 1, 2010.

1. jle1076

jle1076 Well-Known Member

The first 2 Films had a teaser trailer in July a year before the movies release, but we havent gotten even a teaser and its less than 10 months away?

2. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    ANOTHER THREAD??

well ROTF Traielr was not made until Feb of 2009. Aslo they Havent Finished Filming, So they Havent Worked on the Robot CGI Scenes So Until Post Production had began there coudl be a trailer sicne they need to finish filmnig and put the robots

3. jle1076

jle1076 Well-Known Member

I looked on the front page and saw nothing~

4. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Didn't ROTF have it's first 'teaser trailer' during the Superbowl? I'm not an American so I don't know when this is, from what I know, it's in the next few months am I right? I'd think anytime from them on we could see a teaser sometime around then. Depends on Bay and the film company. 30 seconds of footage should be ready for a teaser trailer by now i'd hope.

But hey, ROTF did, and still does look amazing judging by trailers, let's not get too hyped for them.

5. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i todl you that There Wotn be trailer Until Bay Had Finished Filming and Once ILM Had Began Animating the Robots. Dunt Expect a trailer til lDecember or Next Year SUperbowl

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    If the timing for this one is anything like it was for RotF, we won't see anything till next year. More and more movies are getting teasers released during the filming process, but with how Bay works, it ain't going to happen. Just sit tight and try to be patient.

Honestly, I'm not looking forward to TF3 at all. I still like the first movie a bit, but it and RotF haven't aged well since their release. I now regret getting the 2-disk Bumblebee case version of RotF. Only reason I'll get the third one on DVD is to complete Bay's trilogy.

I literally only have one hope for this last of Bay's creations. That it has a real subtitle, instead of being called Transformers 3, or even worse, Transformers 3D. As much as I'd like that to happen, I'm really not expecting it to. Sarge has higher expectations of Griff than I do of this "movie".

7. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    yeah like others said, same thing as last movie, expect the first trailer during the superbowl, if it is not ready by then, THEN you can start worrying

only the first movie had a teaser trailer in july.....for some odd reason people believe rotf also had one released during the summer of 08....people make up weird shit

8. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Not going to list all the films coming out in the summer of 2011 again, but I can see them holding back the hype for a bit this time because there are so many big films looking for media attention.

9. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    OMG I think this means that they aren't REALLY making TF3, its existence is all part of Bay's amazing misinformation campaign!

10. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

my guess is we'll see some sort of teaser trailer on-line/in theathres/on tv during december 2010.

11. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    lol, someone just make up a vid with a background with allspark/cybertronian glyphs, have TF:3D Revenge of Third dimension scroll across it with some rock music and explosions as background noice. Says it "official" it might keep the "impatient hoards" from rioting :p 

12. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Teasers are only usually done to let you know that a movie is coming. It was done for the first film because it was a new franchise and they needed to get something out to start building hype. With two blockbusters already under their belt, merely the fact a third is being filmed at the moment is hype enough. They don't need a teaser!

Expect a full trailer sometime soon, probably as already stated during the Superbowl sometime.

And guys, please remember that the films have brought a lot of new fans to the franchise - and that not everyone follows every last bit of trivia about the production of the films. I'm extremely grateful that we have guys like Shin Densetsu and NIBMRatchet on staff to help keep track of these things when even I'm not able to!

13. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    That explains a lot. The fan reaction even to a tiny piece of info is just amazing. Awesome to be around a bunch of awesome people. :) 

Thank You, Sir! :thumbs2:  We are just following your footsteps you know. :) 

True. Reliable sources say that, we can expect some info somewhere around November. Who knows everyone... Sometimes, even mirages do come true.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2010
  14. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From what I recall, we saw the movie's teaser in early December 2006 (the 'Beagle 2' bit), with the full trailer following with the Superbowl in the following Feburary. For ROTF, the first trailer of any sort was in the Superbowl ads. Unless we hear otherwise, I'm 99% certain TF3's trailer will be another Superbowl (or in my case, Youtube!) event.

15. RebelMan

RebelMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    completely agree

16. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Why so Geewun, Loser?

damn, why you people keep making all these threads about "Wheres the teaser trailer"?!?! :mad  this is like the 5th thread now! people, you will get a teaser trailer whenever it comes out so quit complaining about there not being one yet!

17. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Chill. You can't expect new/very occasional visitors to have their finger on the pulse of everything that's going-on. It's not a hanging offence.

18. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Is that a hint or something?

19. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think Superbowl time would be a fairly safe bet. Movie studios seem to really like the ad slot for their biggest films and with a 4th of July release date they must be banking on the third film being a money maker for them.

Really no need for a teaser before then since they have had enough stories in the wider media between the flap over Megan Fox leaving and the shooting locations to get a bit of word out that a third film will be coming. Plus with a teaser vs a Superbowl ad you have to worry about what film to attach the teaser to while you know about how many people will watch the Superbowl.

20. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

Easy. Not everybody checks page upon page of zombie threads to make sure they don't repead anything. Teaser will come during Superbowl. Superbowl will likely be two teams I don't care about. Yet, I will be watching - for the teaser.