NOT a Masterpiece...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MROptimusPrime, Oct 4, 2011.

1. MROptimusPrime

MROptimusPrime LEGAL NAME: OPTIMUS PRIME

News Credits:
    To all the nay-sayers who keep telling me you can't hide MP-10 Optimus Prime's ridiculous huge feet in truck mode. Well they found a way to do it 20 some years ago...

[​IMG]

2. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    What the...

3. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

What is this I don't even...

4. doctajones428

doctajones428 Well-Known Member

I get what he is saying but...

Ugh

5. newbielives

newbielives Well-Known Member

Prime from Powermaster.
    Great looking truck mode but the lack of articulation in that figured always bothered me as a kid

6. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Facebots and Palmicons, combine to form FACEPALMATRON.

(well, at least MP-10 can hide his fists?)

7. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives TFW2005 Supporter

Call me out of touch, but I am not understanding the replies here for the most part.. the picture illustrates his point pretty well. And I am one of those naysayers as my previous pic of MP-10 with the clown feet and shrunken head well illustrate.

8. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

Ebay:
    Okaaaay..........

9. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    If only there were a feedback thread.

Oh well.

10. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

I've still got MP-10 on the way, and for the most part I think he looks nice, but I actually more or less agree with this point. Given that it was a ground-up redesign, it IS a little unfortunate that a better way couldn't be found to thin out the rear half of the truck and hide the feet. I mean, heck, ROTF Leader Prime found a way to turn from a more accurate looking truck to a robot mode that is imminently more complex than G1 Prime's... you'd think MP-10 could accomplish a similar feat, given that it is Takara's second stab at the character and given all the great TF engineering leaps that have occurred since MP-01.

Mind you, a few flaws doesn't make a figure garbage.... it's still a nice figure, it just could be a bit better.

11. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Wow. This sure needed it's own topic.

and those aren't hidden. those are very obviously legs, and feet. Ever see the back of a real truck that looks like that? Here's a hint: It's not made out of two bigass blue rectangles with a big gap down the middle. The only reason those look "hidden" is because they're undetailed, square blocks. They also have a wheel in the middle, which obviously helps hide them, but you know what? doing that on a version of G1 Prime wouldnt work. It isn't accurate. Since you slide the upper legs into the lower legs, you can't just stuff the feet into the lower legs, there's no room. So they really have to just sit there on the back. They can of course fold up some, and they did that, but they're limited by what the end result has to look like, and the type of articulation they want (like that great sideways ankle joint). They really did the best they could with the feet. Making a show accurate G1 Prime doesn't allow them to change this, they're limited by an almost 30 year old character model that didnt really have an actual transformation in mind when it was drawn. That's really what this boils down to.

ROTF Prime's feet being hidden doesn't matter. His feet are silver. There's a ton of places they can go on that truck model, and his non-chunky design means that they're easier to compact and stow away somewhere. G1 Prime's design calls for a red cab, with a massive blue rectangle at the back, the second part of which isn't accurate to any actual vehicle, but it can't be changed or it wouldn't be G1 Prime.

I'm amazed you think that mold hides anything. It's legs are extremely obvious, and the cab could high-five you. I think you just see what you want to see.

Also, MP-10 has huge feet? compared to THAT TOY? haha, no.

12. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Truer words were never spoken.

I've got a PMOP. Anyone want to trade MP-10 for him? :D 

13. WhiteMocha

Those are all good points. I dunno.... I feel like I'll have a more informed opinion on this when I actually have the figure in-hand, so I'll reserve judgement till then.

14. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i'm really confused; i know people have complained about the shape of his feet, and the size, but are there really a lot of people complaining about that the feet end up in the same spot as the g1 toy? really? REALLY???

if this is true, then our fandom has gone really nuts :lol 

after a quick google search, *mostly searched this site actually* sure they stick out a little! but they don't stick out any more then the g1 toy, or any other optimus prime design!

i think if we're going to complain about things like where the feet are then we need to all give up this hobby. :lol 

i can understand complaining about things like quality control, but really? the placement of the FEET in truck mode????

i thought you guys liked g1, but other times you don't! i don't understand it at all! :lol 

15. WhiteMocha

Well, I can't speak for everyone, but I'm not talking about the position of the feet... I'm just talking about the fact that the truck mode ends up with a big blue box on top of its back wheels, versus being a thinner, more realistic truck back.

For the record, I don't think G1, Powermaster, or the original MP Prime pulled this off any better; they all had chunky blue rear sections. Which I guess is kinda contrary to the original assertion in this thread, so, uh, I'm just gonna back out of the room now....

It's not a big deal. Still a nice figure.

16. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

idk it just seems like random nitpicking, or like we're looking for things TO nitpick, when we're talking about feet! :lol 

17. PowermasterJazz

PowermasterJazz Well-Known Member

There's just no pleasing some people

18. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Lol... Well
    That certainly was random.

19. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    I just knew when i saw the title of the thread it would be someone bitching about mp-10....

ugh people need to give it a rest

20. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Pretty much.

However at the same time, maybe someone can make dare I say... a Masterpeice Powermaster Prime?