Heavy/Scratch: Nostolgic (to me) Defensor Custom

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Bobby Lemain, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Bobby Lemain

Bobby Lemain Cassette Man

Well I bought the Walgreens Defensor KO and I tried melting off First Aid's siren to see what would happen, and well after melting it off, I found out that the "High Ace" (which happened to be made by Toyota in the 80s) looks very much like the Toyota "Van" (which the family van at the moment) so I decided to turn this:
    [​IMG]
    street wise will turn into my uncle's car which was a Nissan, but since he sold it, I don't remember which one he had, so I'd have to ask before I start painting. but he too will be some shade of blue.
    [​IMG]
    I'm kind of sure that it is a Nissan 240, but I'll double check.

the Blades will probably become the same color scheme as "Fly-Up" from "guard city"
    [​IMG]

Hot Spot will stay the same except he will probably have custom sticker, and nowhere on the bot will there be any markings of allegiance. (no autobot or decepticon symbols) (I the KO where he is all red)

I've been working for a couple of days, but since school is getting in the way, this will probably take a while to finish... here's what I have so far on First Aid:
    [​IMG]
    I forgot to sand before painting and a bunch of spots came out horribly uneven so I had to sand the whole thing down until it was flat. I'll paint it again. eventualiy.
    [​IMG]

2. Cody2003

Cody2003 Well-Known Member

Nice! looks like an interesting project. I'll have to keep an eye out as I plan to do something similar with my KO Defensor as well.

as for Streetwise, he is an 85-86 300ZX turbo.(I decided to do a bash to match my 87 I had in high school.), but I can see it working as a 240SX if you round off the bumper and back some.

3. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Looks like a good idea.

And the firetruck is Hot SPOT not Hot Shot.

4. Bobby Lemain

oops lol. typo...

I will also start a devestator custom which will probably be much easier to do because it is just a straight repaint. and might end up finished before this one =/

5. Bobby Lemain

[​IMG]
    I did some paint touch up, and detailing, then added some stickers and walla! the front is done! now for the rest...
    (right = how the KO looked like be4 work began, I bought 2 sets)

sorry about the blurryness it was kinda dark when I took the pic so (since I couldnt use flash that close) my hands shook a little while taking the pic

6. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Killer detail work on the grille. I especially like the reflective look on the headlights. Even with the blurriness you can easily read TOYOTA. Kick ass.

~Z

7. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

So, your making a custom Defensor that is nostolgic, to you. Will it still combine?
    I like what you've done (with the grill) but was thinking of another "nostolgic" when I came in here. I didn't see a mention for the Motorcycle? No one in your family had a cruiser?

8. Bobby Lemain

it will still combine (I won't paint the head, connecting, peg, things so that they won't chip)

as for Groove (wow I can't believe I forgot to post about him), I have an uncle in Canada who owns a Yamaha that looks like this:
    [​IMG]
    but is a maroon color.

but, what DID you have in mind when you saw the word nostalgic anyways?

9. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    Wow, the new look is great

10. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

Turning a KO defensor into a "nostalgic" Blue and white, Defensor. I'm not putting it down. Just not what "I" thought, from the title. Your the one who has to be happy, with it. Nice job. Be sure to show us, finished, photos.

It's nice to know that your family is out there protecting us from the Decepticons.

11. chubbzilla

chubbzilla One shall stand...

cool