Northrop Switchblade possibly the razor?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SlayerDarkCross, Jan 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SlayerDarkCross

SlayerDarkCross -----------> ? TFW2005 Supporter

2. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    While that is teh kewl design, I am afraid all of this "Razor" business comes from Shia LaBeouf's ignorance of the movie he is in.

He is quoted as saying "Megatron is a super secret jet 'the Razor' that the army has never let anyone film before." (Okay, that is a paraphrase and not a quote.)

He meant to say "Starscream is an F-22 Raptor and this movie is the first time the military has allowed that jet to be extensively filmed."

Still, thanks for the link to the wiki.
    Maybe in Transformers 2, right?

3. SlayerDarkCross

Well the Razor is the name I referred to because it was a name I heard pertaining to Megatron. (wikipedia excerpt: In the upcoming live-action film, Megatron will allegedly appear as a fighter jet, based on a current real-life prototype, called The Razor.) Still we have heard that it is not an active plane in the service and it is a prototype. I First would have suspected the F-35 Lightning II as it has not had military service yet but looking back I think it has a shot. (only problem with Megatron is there are not identifiable parts)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F-35_Lightning_II

I believe it could be either jets because I really dont believe we have more than 2 active prototypes being worked on at the same time.

The F-35 will replace the harrier and the Hornet in 2011.

Also heres an except from Wiki

Directed-energy weapons may be installed in conventional takeoff F-35 Lightning IIs, whose lack of a direct lift fan frees up about 10 ft³ (2.8 m³) of space and whose engine provides more than 27,000 hp (20 MW) for electrical power.[32] Some concepts, including solid state lasers and high-power microwave beams, may be nearing operational status.

[​IMG]

Another possibility could have been the YF-23 Black Widow II but that was canceled project after the F-22 defeated it.

[​IMG]

There are several prototypes for other countries but information serves that Megatron is American

4. HyperGeek_1984

HyperGeek_1984 Herr Doktor

This is largly off topic but I always thought a great jet alt-mode mode for Megatron would be an A-10. Its big, damn near indistructible, and that huge cannon it has would look great on Meg's arm.

5. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Was it ever even confirmed by a reliable source that Megatron would have an Earth Alt Mode? I thought, last I read -which, I admittedly usually stay out of movie threads because they give me a headache-, that he was going to stay a Cybertronian Jet the for what little of the movie he would be in and not change his appearance at all.

6. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    That's what I've heard as well.
    I'm trying to stay away from anything that would spoil the movie too much (thisis the wrong place to be, I guess) so I may have incomplete information.

7. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    That plane would be an excellent choice for Megs earth mode. It follows the shape of his cybertronian mode with the cyclonus style wings and the low-to-nonexistent tailfins.

Plus, rumor has it...
    *POSSIBLE SPOILERS* Highlight to read.

that Megatron will take the form of an earth jet mode near the end of the film. This has him going against his idea of not taking one in the first place because he views himself as a higher being that has no need to "change himself" to accomidate to the new planet he's on. According to the rumor, Megs changes his mind because he discovers the devastating power of Earth's Nuclear Warheads. He decides to use them as an end all to the Autobot resistance. And in the end, it's up to Prime to stop the warhead (activated by Megatron as a last resort) from exploding and killing everyone (think the ending of "The Iron Giant".). I think there definetly is truth to this rumor because of the "Prime hand display/movie countdown-clock" we saw at Botcon '06 in which Prime's hand was clutching an active Nuclear Warhead.

8. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Spoilers avoided.

Nice Font Choice! :thumb s

9. netkid

News Credits:
    Thank you. It's LIGHT BLUE if anyone is curious.

10. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I could see it happening. Besides:

SPOILERS

It's possible that Megatron only appears as a Cybertronian jet in the beginning of the film, Prime's flashback scene and the moment he escapes from the ice. It could be that only his body was imprisoned and that his mind was active, and that he followed the humans' technological progress and their behaviour. That way, he would still view them as disgusting insects, but know of this 'Razor' and it's abilities.

11. bobby_C

bobby_C Well-Known Member

From Michael Bay's forum, back in september:

That clears up the razor thing, at the very least.

12. netkid

News Credits:
    So does this mean that Megs will take the same form as Starscream?
    That's not very creative.
    But, then this means that the spoiler rumor I posted on the previous page could still be true.

13. bobby_C

bobby_C Well-Known Member

No, actually it means the actor's confusing Starscream with Megatron.

14. WWMEGATRON

WWMEGATRON Well-Known Member

On the thread I post of Megatron possible been an Abram tank(which most have refuted) one of the guys posted saying that the report of Megatron been a Razor jet was wrong and that it was corrected by the Bay website. So right now no one knows what the heck will scan on Earth.

15. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, that sound plausably interesting at the very least. And it would actually fit in well with the leaked script that I read. Just change the ending around a bit.

16. betetta

betetta guitar face

nothing.

at least that's what we know from offical sources or leaks, all the earth mode rumors come from speculation or shia's error.

17. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

My idea to have a 'Shia didnt know what he's talking about! There's no such thing as a Razor jet!' post permanently stickied is looking better, every day. :rolleyes2 .

(No offense to the OP, but this isnt the first time it's come up. :)  )

18. betetta

betetta guitar face

or at least a list of all debunked rumors vs confirmed facts so far (that's one of the few good ideas i've seen in the forum of transformersmovie.com, too bad that they don't even update that)

19. SlayerDarkCross

Pff! Michael Bay is taking my fun away heh

20. matadormi5

matadormi5 Well-Known Member

Its a cool jet. BUT I don't want Megatron to be a jet period. Mainly because that form is already taken by Starscream. Can't have 2 transformers looking the same

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.