North Carolina Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by SndWve2002, Oct 30, 2003.

1. SoundwaveSuperior

SoundwaveSuperior Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I had the same experience earlier today:

• Like Like x 1
  2. IMayHaveAnAddiction

IMayHaveAnAddiction Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    There's a DCPI thread?! Can you link me?

3. SoundwaveSuperior

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
  4. deceptihunter

deceptihunter sssssmmmmokin!

Hey everyone. Most of you may not know me on here. I used to post several years ago back when Superquad7 was still in NC and on this thread. I got out of transformers until recently when i saw the dinobots were making a generations return. Well nostalgia hit hard when i saw slag/slug and now i need all the dinobots again. So enough about me, now about the bots. So I went to cary, durham, and ttc TRU today and only saw one voyager starscream at ttc TRU. I went to target using the brickseek site and the employee i talked to at the target on chapel hill rd in durham told me that the potp stuff that was showing up as in stock on brick seek probably was at the store but all of that stuff has been buried in the stock room under the new year merchandise. He told me that they will be putting it out next week. The only thing im looking for is voyager grimlock and leader optimus. Thanks!

5. SoundwaveSuperior

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Just got POTP Optimus at the Beaver Creek Commons Target in Apex (they got it out of the back). They said they still had 1 Rodimus as well.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Taureanstar

Taureanstar Well-Known Member

Came back to the same target today to return grimlock because the copy i got was a qc mess, and they have one each of the new leaders on the shelf at 11:26am. Leaving them both.

7. GoggleV

GoggleV Well-Known Member

Stopped by beaver creek around 10:30 and the other leader had been sold by then. Just go back from the morrisville target, the lady said they had two in the back but wasnt specific so she came out with just a prime for me. I'm assuming the other one they have in the back i rodimus

8. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Not today Galvatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I snatched the Roddy at Beaver creek. <3 Sorry I didn't get to post before you went all the way there.

9. optimusjay

optimusjay Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Picked up red, blue and yellow classic voltron lions at Rocky mount target

10. GoggleV

GoggleV Well-Known Member

All good! I live off 55 in cary so its close and I just swung by the morrisville one on the way home.

• Like Like x 1
  11. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    No Leaders in Durham...

12. jadeitesan

jadeitesan Well-Known Member

After calling around to the Raleigh TTC, Wake Forest, and Knightdalone Targets looking for the leaders and finding none, this was around 11:30 am, the lady at the Knightdale Target finally tells me that the system said that North Hills and White Oaks Targets were showing two each. So I called the NH Target and got them to hold them for me at Electronics until I got there. The guy who the store operator transfered me to in Electronics even knew what I was looking for when I mentioned Transformers because he mentioned Power of the Primes and the price without any prompting. So now I've finally finished with wave 1 POTP just in time for the end of the year. :) 

13. deceptihunter

Glad everybody else is having luck finding the new leaders and voyagers. I dont seem to have that luck. Brick seek is terribly unreliable. Ive already burnt too much gas

14. jadeitesan

jadeitesan Well-Known Member

Well, I used brickseek too, I just made sure to call around before going out to any singular Target today. Truth be told, I wasn't going to bother calling the North Hills Target since other posts here made it sound like the leaders had already come and gone there, and I didn't think they'd receive any more anytime soon. But then the lady on the phone at Knightdale Target told me that NH showed up with 2 in stock, so I ended up calling them.

15. IMayHaveAnAddiction

IMayHaveAnAddiction Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Picked up both Leaders at Target in Wesley Chapel today. Not really digging the Rodimus. What are your thoughts on him? Anybody?

16. Taureanstar

Taureanstar Well-Known Member

I'm personally passing, but the best argument I've heard in favor of him is that he's the best hastak rodimus prime yet, mainly because the MP rodimus was such a difficult and fragile figure. I think this point probably has some validity to it, but not enough to make me buy it. I like the look of the alt mode, and I like the size. I think if it weren't for the rodimus prime mode problems of the ridiculous shoulders sticking out from behind his neck and hot rod's arms being clearly visible in the torso, this figure would actually be getting generally positive reviews - those two issues really hurt the figure. I personally can't get past them.

Target Monroe has the POTP wave 1 deluxes on a front end cap. No voyagers or leaders out, but I didn't check brickseek or anything like that.

17. optimusjay

optimusjay Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Scored a set of power of the primes leaders at the greenville target and another optimus prime at the wilson target. Rodimus is still there

18. deceptihunter

For those still looking, amazon has potp grimlock in stock. I finally was able ro get one today. I wasnt eilling to pay the $49.99 the 3rd party sellers wanted on there. The finally got them in stock today for $24.99. Now to find a leader ootimus. Target at southpoint has 2 potp voyagers and leaders but i couldnt get them because the associate said they had them but there was no location showing and they werent on the shelf.

19. Dethmoth

Dethmoth Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Those of you that have gotten potp it’s at target, how did you get them? I’ve gotten the same runaround at my local target that deceptihunter got at his.

20. Dethmoth

Dethmoth Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    They keep saying they are there but not in the back or on the floor. They say they are in a “T” transition location and that the set date is Sunday and they might have a street date.