North Carolina TFW2005 Meetup

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Superquad7, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Hey guys, at our last meetup we discussed meeting again sometime in January. The location that was suggested was Brier Creek again. We discussed Greenville or other possible locations for later in the year of 2009. That being said, is Brier Creek still a location that is fairly central to all who attended last time and who wish to attend this time? If so, do you guys want to meet up at Red Robin again to eat or does someone have another suggestion they'd like to try? Also, it seems that Saturday seems like a good day for everyone. Noon also seemed to work well for the time.

To recap the last meetup, we:

• meet/ate at Red Robin at noonish
    • Toy hunt at Walmart
    • Swap meet in parking lot
    • Toy hunt at Target

The main thing I remember from last time is that should we decide to go on another toy hunt, we just need to specify what entrance to meet.

We would need to lock down an itinerary, specifically a date/time as well as deciding on a location.

Anyways, I thought we could get the ball rolling on discussion for our next meetup. Post away! :) 

Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  2. ShadowDragon

ShadowDragon R to the D to the D yo.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  3. Superquad7

News Credits:
    That sounds fine to me. I love chicken wings :)  Guys?

4. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Mmm..chicken.......

5. kEVINUS prime

kEVINUS prime Future Legend

Hey, guys, let Bryce and i know the date/time, we'll be there. I'm coming off ACL surgery, so I doubt I'll have much to swap as I can't dig thru storage.:D 

Hey, Mushroom, i didn't forget the prime, i'll bring him for you when we meet.

BTW, I'll bring a neighbor who is also a collector and his kids if his schedule works out.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
  6. bsutton1

bsutton1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Let me know when ya'll decide to do this.

7. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Well, I know this weekend is out for me as I have other plans. Also, I know it's too short of notice for most anyways.

Is there a weekend in January/February that works better? Any dates we need to just throw out besides Valentine's Day)?

8. bsutton1

bsutton1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    any weekend is fine.

9. ShadowDragon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Ditto

10. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    Ditto as well.

11. simplygriff

simplygriff µ - Elitist Dick

News Credits:
    Just posting so I can keep up with what ya'll decide. I thought I remembered you guys saying you wanted to come to Greensboro though so the Raleigh and Charlotte people could kinda get together... It's only 1.5 hours from either side.
    -G

12. Superquad7

News Credits:
    We had said that we wanted to have a meetup in Greensboro at some point, but not for the January meetup.

What's cool is that there [finally] seems to be an interest for meeting up on a decently frequent basis. I don't foresee meeting in Greensboro as a problem for the near future :) 

13. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Hey guys, a little bit of an update:

First of all, we are going to meet in February on the 28th in Fuquay-Varina. For those of you familiar with the area, think about and discuss where you would like to meet to eat. Simply keep in mind that we need to meet in a place that does not take reservations but can accommodate the group of us. The reason for no RSVP is that while certain persons will commit to come, there may be persons who didn't intend to go but end up showing up (which is cool). If this date doesn't work for some reason, feel free to post your comments here in this thread.

Also, for those wondering how the above details came about, a few of us from the first meet-up hung out today. I'd like to be clear that this was in no way an exclusion of anyone from here. Originally, myself, Dormamu, and Kenucme decided to meet up because Kenucme picked up a WW Grimlock for me. Dormamu told MushroomPrime and ShadowDragon that we were in their neighborhood and both indicated they were free. The small group of us discussed the topic of the meet up from this thread, and we all thought that the above details would work out best for us and the group of us that would like to meet.

Also, the decision for the location is that it is little more central for those of us from the first meet-up. Also, a few have discussed wanting to meet in Greensboro and the notion that meeting in Greensboro might work a little better for some a little closer to summer, like May perhaps.

As stated, a group of us got together and hung out, but we certainly didn't want to communicate that anyone who would have wanted to meet up today was excluded. If you feel left out, blame it on superSquadS since he's the resident TFW2005 board scapegoat.

We have some photos and stories to share from hanging out today, but those will be reserved for this thread. Anyways, feel free to move the discussion of our next NC TFW2005 meetup along :) 

Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  14. ShadowDragon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    I thought we had discussed moving it to the 401/70 area of Garner there near the Walmart and the... nicest... Kmart... evar! Like Grill57 or Rockolla

15. Superquad7

News Credits:
    I certainly don't see that as a problem unless someone else does, but I'm pretty certain we had said Fuquay-Varina (double-checked with Dormamu as well).

16. ShadowDragon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Gotcha. When you said "This area" I think MushroomPrime's mom and I thought you meant Garner cause that's were we were. :D  Either works for me.

17. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Well, thats good, because now we can change the title of this thread from "Janurary to Feburary". :lol 

Spelling aside, we don't want to exclude anyone. February 28th is the hard date, we just need a location in the Garner/Fuquay Varina area and as close to a number as possible prior to February 14th, in case the restaurant chosen needs reservations (you know, like Arbys or Burger King).

18. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Yeah, and you're probably right. I definitely apologize for any confusion, or at least the unintentional forms :lol  I think once everyone decides on the specific place to meet up, we'll have any confusion cleared up :) 

:lol  Maybe this is why I have to wait in line so much.

Yeah, everyone think of where you'd like to meet up. Personally, I thought Zaksby's worked really well today. I'm game for most other places too, though.

19. Kenucme

Kenucme Yes, I'd get that one too TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I too thought that the Zaxby's in Fuquay Varina was just fine. Still, I wouldn't mind a change of pace.

While we were discussing possible places, Rock-Ola Cafe in Garner struck a chord with me. I have one here in Fayetteville and have always enjoyed my time there.

Overall, I don't mind traveling to the location as I'm pretty flexible. In the discussion it was thoughtfully suggested to visit Fayetteville at our next meeting. It would be a nice thought. I would rather drive to a central location for all, and Fuquay Varina fit the bill nicely.

20. simplygriff

simplygriff µ - Elitist Dick

News Credits:
    Sounds like you guys got a plan of sorts. :D  Not sure if I'll be able to swing that since it's the weekend of my wife's birthday but we'll see what happens.
    -G