NOOOOOOO! (The Twins Are Back In DoTM)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by KWFlange, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

NOOOOOOO! (Another one of these threads) ;) 

This. I'm extremely anti-racist, and if the Twins were racist, I wouldn't have bought their toys, much less consider them two of my favorite Movie characters.

I heard a while back that people were thinking the Na'vi were racial stereotypes in AVATAR, I made the most epic facepalm ever...there really were HUMANS who dressed like that, used war paint like that, braided their hair like that, and to an extent, even talked like that. Hell, even their hierarchy is based on human cultures. James Cameron and crew got the ideas from several human cultures and threw it into one race.

I'm not meaning any harm from this, but The Twins aren't being racist if there really are people who are like that. Even their dialect - I hear people talk like that every day. And not just African Americans, either. They're not bad people, either. I can say that they're not representing African Americans as a whole, because they're NOT, but they're part of a common culture that many are familiar with. Common =/= whole. Common = most recurring.

But in terms of media aimed at younger audiences, it coulda been worse - they coulda been Decepticons, teaching kids that people who are like that are bad guys. There was a Cobra Commander design that was tossed out because it bore resemblance to a KKK member - Cobra Commander's the bad guy. I think they were trying to say something with that, don't you? Hell, I'd laugh at how creatively educational it'd be if the Twins had Decepticon counter-agents whose appearances could be likened to the KKK. At least the left shoe would be on the left foot, so to speak.

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I still don't see how anyone can honestly call the twins genuinely racist and keep a straight face. I mean, seriously. They are a PARODY.
    Believe it or not, d00d, it's not deliberate. I'm not following you around or anything like that. But you have to admit, you do tend to lay it on more than a bit thick with the talk of the Twins being a disease, and the like.
    I thought he sounded more like the Hitcher from The Mighty Boosh.

3. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Trust me, worse things have happend to Transformers than the Twins.

4. wowzers

wowzers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^yea and his name is Leo Spitz

5. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    That's Leonardo Ponce de Léon Spitz to you, white boy! LA RAZA!

6. D_usk

D_usk Stealer of Racks of Lamb!

If I do recall, Jazz in the first movie had similar vernacular to the twins.

Besides, the twins weren't that bad. They had some pretty funny moments here and there, such as when they dissed Leo. Granted, they weren't the "best" thing either.

7. wowzers

wowzers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    -_- what makes u think im white?

8. D_usk

D_usk Stealer of Racks of Lamb!

Y'know, he has a point, Karuk.

9. KWFlange

KWFlange You're So Jelly

You also seem to skip the posts where I say I'm kidding lol.
    All good though, I'm just having fun.
    Even though I'm pretty sure you do go to my profile daily and click "view all posts" lol.
    Like I said in an earlier post I'm on the side of the twins being revamped for the better in TF3...but it is out of necessity because whether or not I like them, and no matter what Bay said on his own personal forum...they are back and I'm going to have to watch them at least once. Because I'm a sucker for anything that says Transformers.

As bad as I thought RotF was I will still pay to see every TF movie that comes out in the vain assumption that my meager $20 helps to keep the brand alive.

But if the Twins do not impress in DotM you will find yourself replying to my posts referring tot hem as something even worse...maybe a cancer on the brand...But I'll still go see TF4 lol.

10. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I don't, I just wanted to respond to your post in a Mexica-supremacist fashion. :D 

11. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg Supreme Leader

Ebay:
    God, I still can't believe they are going to be in DOTM after all of the negative press they received about being pegged as stereotypical "Gangsters" and of course really annoying.

12. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well tropic thunder took pops at the pc brigade the way RDJ played the character so that's about it, what were the other ratial elements?

Chapelle is the most recent that springs to mind between him and chris rock i feel they are both very racial and prejudice against white people, hell any black comedian is prejudice imo against white people but if one white comedian like frankie boyle or tommy tiernan open their mouths there's all out war. If racism is outlawed to white comedians then it should be to black comedians, frankie boyle recently said the N word and there was murder, I personally thought it was a funny joke within the context yet chris rock and chapelle say cracker this,honky that,and their shows are based around poking fun at white people really, where's the justice in that?

To say the twins were bad and are negative to kids? Kids hardly are gonna think looking at skids and mudflap and say whoa black ganster bots that are idiots, come on man only adults with nothing better to do like people on the news and over active pc seen the twins as racist.

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

There is always a chance with parody that someone isn't going to get it and take it the wrong way. Since the first Transformers film was a more serious action film perhaps people got caught off guard with the shift toward more of an action/comedy with the second film.

Then of course there are always the people who are out to be offended so even if it's clearly parody some people are bound and determined to be offended. Just look at how people have expressed outrage at South Park or Family Guy.

14. KWFlange

KWFlange You're So Jelly

This.
    And the fact that they are RED and GREEN ROBOTS who look and act like they may either be Hicks, Wanna-bes, or a racial stereotype, and since as humans we cannot fully identify with an alien machine which is painted in a primary color people tend to think what they want.

Had they been colored pearl and white, I doubt this distinction would have been made...despite the fact that it wouldn't really matter since they are robots and that would simply be the color of the car they scanned...but you know how people are lol.

15. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    How in the hell does them being red and green contribute to your issues with them?

I don't understand your logic at all...

16. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    The twins are bay fav characters

17. rich_prime

rich_prime Banned

News Credits:
    I though starscream was his favourite, OH No he's going to mess shockwave up NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

18. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    i mean the twins (along wheelie) are Bay fav autobots from Revenge fo the Fallen

19. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Exactly..

Don't be a hater cause you ain't a player..