NOOOOOOO! (The Twins Are Back In DoTM)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by KWFlange, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    Oh, pfft. They be trollin', guy.

LOL JK, they're in DOTM.

2. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ

News Credits:
    If the prospect of the Twins being in DOTM really bothers you that much, just don't pay attention when they show the twins on screen. It's as simple as that.

3. KWFlange

KWFlange You're So Jelly

Then I'll only get to watch the intro credits and end credits. Those two turds get A LOT of screen time.

4. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    judging by the thread title these are the equivalent to wheelie from g1. Nobody likes them inc me

5. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    Sure the Twins had some foul language but that is just they're personallity. I can respect that you don't like the twins but I for one like them.

6. Rubber Ducky

Rubber Ducky beepboopbop

Oh noes!! You dont have a soft spot for twins.

7. KWFlange

KWFlange You're So Jelly

I really WISH I could too. And I'm happy for those who can...but I'd still rather they died violently lol.

I want to love everything that is Transformers. But Wheelie (g1 and movie), The Twins, Sari, Beast Machines (most of it), and Miko make it hard some times lmao.

8. Thepower911

Thepower911 Decepticon

Why have the twins randomly vanish when they can get killed by Starscream, Megatron or Shockwave dude?

9. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Yeah, because all the 6:40 minutes of the Twins ruined ROTF.

10. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    You DO know that violent deaths would demand screen time, something that is not guaranteed by just appearing in the cast list.

11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Time can be kind of relative. 6:40 minutes of your favorite TV show can seem like no time at all but 6:40 minutes of the dentist drilling on your teeth can seem like forever.

12. KWFlange

KWFlange You're So Jelly

As far as the link...I have a hard time believing anything posted on a forum without at least a youtube link of all of the scenes to back it up. But for the sake of arguement (and because I don't know why they would fake these numbers) lets run with it...

If I take the 6:40 as fact, Then I would take Ratchet's (a secondary main character) minute and 35 second total to point out that the twins had 425% more air time than he did.

It also states later in the thread that "Bumblebee had 7 min. 24 sec. of screentime - over half was in vehicle mode."
    So they spent 90% as much time as Bumblebee had.

Next (direct quote again) "Optimus Prime had 12 min. 22 sec. of screentime - including dead body shots, narration, and off-screen dialogue."
    This means they had 54% as much screen time as Prime...and this includes when he was dead under a sheet.

But to bring the whole thing into perspective... to explain what REALLY ruined RotF... The total movie run time was 147 minutes...And according to this link you have seen the amount of time the robots spend on screen.

This movie is called TRANSFORMERS: revenge of the FALLEN

But Optimus Prime is shown for a whopping 8% of the total screen time...AND HE HAD THE MOST

And the Fallen (Title character) has 4% of the total screen time.

If you took the total percentage of every Transformer that was in the movie you may not even hit 50% and then you have to subtract from that the amount of time that they overlapped when more than one was on the screen at a time. I would like to see a figure for total time with at least one Transformer on the screen.

So no...the twins didn't ruin RotF...what ever time budget they must have come up with for robot time ruined it. Look at how much time the Twins got compared to established characters (with bigger more expensive toys *that should be reason enough for hasbro*) and look at how little time the Transformers got in their own movie over-all. I bet Mojo got more time than most of them....and Sam's mom....you know what...SAM'S MOM RUINED ROTF!

/thread =)

13. KWFlange

KWFlange You're So Jelly

Their deaths could be 30 mins long and i would pay double to see it in 3D.

But I would watch Judy Witwicky be tortured and killed for 3 hours. Because honestly...at least the twins are transformers and learned their mannerisms etc from earth culture (I'm assuming they surfed too much urbandictionary.com). But Sam's mom has no excuse to even be IN the second movie let alone run around ruining every second she spends on camera.

14. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Personally, I thought Ron & Judy were hilarious.

15. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Ron and Judy make the movies, for reals.

16. KWFlange

KWFlange You're So Jelly

Are you two serious?
    Ron isn't AS bad...but Judy....REALLY?
    I'm hoping this is sarcasm coming from you both lol.

17. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    No. It isn't. I thought they were funny.

18. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Their brand of humor is far more welcome than that of the Twins by a huge, huge margin. Or are we still in the "omg humans are bad and should feel bad" camp? Seems a little 2008 to me :/

19. KWFlange

KWFlange You're So Jelly

Well I'm glad one of us did lol.
    I seriously hated them. In the first movie my reaction was "You know Transformers is about the robots and generally adds some humans not the other way around." For RotF it was "Who acts like this...why doesn't some one shoot this woman...WTF THERE'S MORE?!....Wait...no...NOOO...Don't Ruin the dessert too!"

20. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I still liked the Twins; I viewed them as a parody of the kind of wannabe gansta chavscum that live near my Mum's house. As such, they succeed spectacularly. ;)