NOOO!!!!!!(Batman related)

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by grimlockams prime, Jun 12, 2008.

1. grimlockams prime

grimlockams prime Check you feet

2. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Not to go terribly off topic, but why is the sixties show the worst?

IMHO, I was at just the right age when B:TAS hit the airwaves, I was completely taken by the show and it's later incarnations, right through to JLU. However, The Batman I could never really get into. Personally, I see this as being much like The Batman.

3. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    It has the new Blue Beetle in it, that automatically makes this show awesome.

4. j.a.f.o.

j.a.f.o. Just Looking, Not Buying

I haven't kept up with any of the animated series: So "The Batman" has ended/will be ending?

5. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

They should have just continued The Batman series. Or continued it on into a new JLA series. I'll check it out when it comes on but I don't know.

6. Optimus-JD

Optimus-JD Team Laser Explosion!

Still won't ever be as good as...

IMO

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  7. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    If by worst thing you mean most awesome thing then yes.

8. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Batman, looking back on it, was REALLY dark and mature for my age group back in the day. But by god I loved that cartoon. Forget Superman, Batman TAS was where it was it, there was some serious stuff going on there, hell I even liked Batman Beyond (loved the JLU tie ins to that series too, old-ass static shock FTW).

I guess I can give this a shot while I'm channel surfing.
    DN

9. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Quite possibly the best intro ever!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  10. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Well at least we have the new DCD DVDs such as new frontieer with more coming. After Gotham Knight I believe Wonder Woman is up next, I want the Judas Contract to hurry up though. I want a full 2 hours as well.

11. grimlockams prime

grimlockams prime Check you feet

go watch it and count how many times bat as a prefix comes up, also count how many times bat is used as a prefix on a item that doesnt need it. your count should be the same.

12. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the 60s show was godawful, but consider the time it came out- it was battling the ratings juggernauts like The Beverly Hillbillies and MayBerry RFD and Bonanza and Gunsmoke; Vietnam was on the news every day and well, the campy comic thing was also a way to connect with the peaceniks and LSD droppers.
    But Bats appearing in broad daylight, could call the airport to set up the batcopter or go to pier 80 to get the batboat (gee, not a cop anywhere was trying to nab him, were they?) and with adam west, he looked like he got winded walking those walls (those were fimed sideways).

it is a good show to start young kids on, then when they got older, might trick them into Brave and the Bold, then Superfriends, and when they started getting all emo/goth or angry, spoon feed em BTAS and feel good about a proper education.

i still argue with my dad about the 60s show being propaganda- bats and the commissioner and gordon were the establishment and the Joker and the rogues were the war protesters or outsiders that society hadn't uncovered till the war.
    so, it ain't all bad when you can stir up historical debate on such a goofy platform.

13. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sadly that actually makes sense. A lot of sense.

The Adam West Batman series is not meant to be taken as true Batman/Dark Night. It is more or less a campy goofy version to have a laugh with.

Yes everything was Bat- this and bat- that. But honestly a lot of his stuff was Bat- this and bat-that.

The worst thing to ever happen to Batman was Batman and Robin. Made me long for the days of Adam West and a good old Bat-toosie.

Edit: How can you not think this is hilarious!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2008
  14. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

Wil Wheaton?

15. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

I just picked up all of the DVD's for Batman: TAS. I'm thoroughly impressed with it so far in Season 1.

16. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Blue Beetle is in it, so I will definitely give it a shot.

17. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:

I personally think vice versa on the animation style working for Batman

18. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

I assume you mean the Animated Series?

I'm not sure many people remember just how different Batman TAS was compared to all the other shows at the time. Dark, quiet, heavy on psychology (for a kids show). Compare that to some of the SuperFriends cartoons, even the ones from mid-80s.

Anyway...

As for the new look of this animated series, I recall a lot of bitching about the look of BTAS when it premiered as being too cartoony (that war before any one actually watched On Leather Wings, Heart of Ice, or Feat of Clay.

Similarly there was a lot of bitching about the new look of The Batman, but again I think the series proved itself.

Let's wait to see an episode, to see the direction, the tone, the animation, rather than judging it based on a single, static promotional image.

And as I recall, when BTAS premiered, the popular animated series were Tiny Toons and Animaniacs and the Disney adventure stuff (DuckTales, Darkwing Duck, Rescue Rangers, TailSpin, etc), all of which were fine - head and shoulders above Scooby Doo and the other HB crap I grew up on - but still a far cry from BTAS.

The only adventure show I can recall with some popularity for that time period was Turtles, which I think was a cut above similar series like Transformers and GIJoe, and about on par with Real Ghostbusters (admittedly I haven't seen many of these shows in over a decade), but none of them had the same "mature" tone WB tried with BTAS.

19. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I actually like the way the new show looks. As for the 60's show, it's not perfect, but I do like it, and I'm a big Batman fan, along with pretty much everybody else in my family. My father grew up watching it, and I grew up watching it. Only other show like that has been Scooby Doo. Both my father and I watched it. Kind of a bonding experience for the two of us.

20. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I think it looks pretty neat.