noob to XBL, uh, can I get some help?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by NotFastEnuff, Oct 15, 2007.

1. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    Hi guys. I finally upgraded to gold on XBL, but now I'm a little confused. Do I have to have "friends" on my list to play online, and are they the only people that I can play against? Also, other then dl stuff, what else can I do? I checked out xbox.com, but it wasn't much help. Thanks in advacne, and also, thanks to you guys that responded to my friend request. :thumb 

2. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

The reason for the friends list is so you can track your friends when online and making playing together easier. It in no way limits who you can play with.

No you don't need friends on your list to play online, you should of figured that one out when it said you connected to Xbox Live.

3. NotFastEnuff

Ebay:
    Well, problem is, when I start Halo 2, it says do you want to log in to XBL. I say yes, it goes through it's motions, and says I'm logged in. Then it says to pick someone from my friends list to play or pick a clan. It doesn't give me any other options. Did I miss something or do something wrong?

4. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

With Halo 2 you should be able to go into multiplayer menu, select matchmaking, and choose the playlist that you would like to play. At any point when you are in a game lobby getting ready to start a game a friend can join, but it isn't required to start the game.

If you haven't already, post your gamertag in the sticky thread at the top of the forum and send out some friend requests to some of us.

You're on a 360, right?

5. NotFastEnuff

Ebay:
    Finally got it working. I thought I was pretty good at Halo until I played online. Got my ass HANDED to me. No, no, it was served on a freaking platter. Gotta play more......

6. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

LOL. You need to get Halo 3. I haven't gotten it yet but I played it the other night at a friend's place and got a bad urge to get some360 Halo going on so I'll probably be picking it up on Friday when I get my paycheck and can afford the buy 2 get 1 free deal at TRU.

7. NotFastEnuff

Ebay:
    Well, actually, Halo 3 is in my possesion, but I can't have it 'til Christmas. My wife and Mom got me the legendary edition, but it's put up. I feel like I'm 10.

8. 333HE

333HE HERSHEY'S GONNA EAT JOO.

That's ate up. :( 

9. NotFastEnuff

Ebay:
    Yeah, they totally love to torture me. My wife also picked up the Halo missle case controller case, too. Same deal. They're evil, but they're mine.

10. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

I must ask why you need a Controller Case. Unless your taking your console to other peoples homes constantly seems like a waste of 20 bucks.

11. NotFastEnuff

Ebay:
    Ah, it looks cool, and we're hoping that by having a neat case, my kids will actually be enticed to pick up the controllers.