Nonnef/Fakebusker83 - Trivia (black/blue/pink)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by nonnef, Nov 28, 2014.

1. primushatesyou

primushatesyou Crusadercon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lmao I completely forgot I ordered this. FU nonnef

2. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    I would agree with the posters above. Hasbro don't usually close down small kit makers, especially if they make non-transforming little kits for toys (He-Man swords, weapons, faces, heads for other figures, etc). In Japan, the garage kit scene and doujin manga/fan art is alive and well.

If anything, Hasbro needs to come through on their promise of protecting such efforts when they stated so via some sort of Shapeways endeavor a while back.

They should start doing what Takara does; give out temporary licenses are conventions for certain fan-made/third party products. I'm not just talking about the unpopular, grossly over expensive non-transformable collectors' figures here, but the smaller, less expensive/more affordable add on kits (heads, weapons, armour, etc) that are possibly much more popular with fans.

3. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This train wreck gets more interesting every day.

4. ubertenorman

ubertenorman Well-Known Member

Website's down due to hurricane Matthew.

5. dedguy

dedguy Well-Known Member

6. ubertenorman

I dunno. It's possible that something's up but I've ordered other things from Nonnef and he's delivered on those. Seems to be anything with a preorder he has trouble with.

Honestly I hope this all gets sorted out because he does sell a lot of cool stuff.

7. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Well it's understandable people have issues, next month it will have been 2 years since this thread was opened and he asked for Pre-order, at this point people have been more than patient.

8. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I have ordered other items from him, and they've arrived just fine. However, it's not "possible" that "something's up" this time-- he is objectively lying about shipping this to people in order to avoid giving refunds. Unless somebody can produce photos from the 'batch' that supposedly went out in July, then Nonnef has conned a bunch of people who really respected him and put their faith in him. That's not cool.

• Like Like x 1
  9. dedguy

dedguy Well-Known Member

Just because people received products early on doesn't mean the person in question is not a con-man. In fact making people happy early on to bring in more marks before running off with everyone's money is a common and classic con.

10. NothingHead

News Credits:
    Yup. See: Maiden Japan. We have about a dozen of those kits at my LCS; product out in the wild doesn't excuse what happened.

11. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    i understand peoples frustration with this, and if i had ordered trivia i would probably be right there with you, however i have ordered stuff from nonnef as recently as last month and got the items promptly, so i firmly believe that he is at the very least trying to fufill all of his orders. He has made mistakes no doubt, but i dont believe he is a conman

12. dedguy

dedguy Well-Known Member

Oh I haven't bought anything from him. I certainly can't speak from personal experience. Just saying that simply because some people are happy doesn't mean it's not a scam. Also doesn't mean it is but gaining people's trust in order to get good word of mouth to enable swindling of others on a larger scale certainly isn't unprecedented.

13. Fenrys

News Credits:
    All I know from experience is that I am unlikely to do preorders with nonnef as they took forever to fufill, but he also isn't taking preorders anymore due to the overload that the combiner wars upgrades were. In stock items on his shop generally reach me within 3 days, most recently the Titans return hardhead feet

14. ubertenorman

How long did it take to get a response from Nonnef? I emailed him last week and haven't heard anything

15. Fenrys

News Credits:
    i havent had any contact with him directly in a good while, we conversed a few times before he got ill and went dark. if you can't get ahold of him maybe see if glaug can get a message to him for you? i know he designs a lot of nonnefs stuff so i would think he would be in contact with him

16. NothingHead

News Credits:
    I emailed a day or two ago, a month after he told me I was in the "second batch," to see when that batch would go out. I'll let you know what he says when he replies.

17. ubertenorman

I didn't know he was ill.

18. Fenrys

News Credits:
    He got pretty sick awhile back and that's around the time he went silent. Saying it that way may seem pretty suspect but everything I preordered from him was received after he went dark, and every in stock item I've ordered from him has been shipped very fast

19. NothingHead

News Credits:
    He got sick, yeah; that's when he ditched the Whirl kit. But that was a while ago. During that time, somebody else was handling his orders. He has since recuperated and was answering correspondence. It doesn't really explain things if he's lying.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    I've emailed him at least three our four times over the last year, 10/5/16 being the most recent and he's always replied within 24 hours.

• Like Like x 1