Non-Transforming Transformer Figures

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Deceptijohn, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    So the current G-1 accuracy thread got me thinking, why not have a line of super accurate robots that don't transform? Think SOC or SRC type figures so plenty of metal, super articulation and lots of accessories! I know for me(and the vast majority of others going by collection pics) that the robot mode is the one I love and want it to be really accurate. Who cares if the alt mode looks perfect when it will never be displayed that way? Or am I just a heretic? :) 

2. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Putting out a line of Transformers that don't Transform is like making putting out a line of GI JOE's that are dressed in Civilian clothing and come with no weapons. You took the G.I. out of the Joe just like you would take the Transformers out of Transformers...then they are just robots.

Just my opinion because the only non transforming TFs I have are my Quints and Transmutate. (Get it they are non transforming characters anyway lol)

Thanx
    Transbot90210

3. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Same here, only none transforming TF's are my 3 Quints and Nightbird. Although technically Nightbird isn't a Transformer, she's still part of the series.

4. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    The Revoltech Tfs are awesome, and the details in some of the movie line Robot Replicas is outstanding, I see no problem with it.

ActionMasters anyone?

With that being said, I really like the big non-Transforming custom combiners that get made, real beefy with great articulation.

5. Deceptijohn

News Credits:
    I guess I just feel like, outside of the small number of characters who will get the MP treatment, there are not many options for getting toys with really accurate robots modes. There is always some trade off with the engineering requirements of the transformation. And statues are lame because you can't pose them! And the revoltech Megatron is what got me thinking about this issue. He is so cool if only he was diecast and about twice the size.

6. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I'm perfectly fine with non-transforming TF figures! I'm not even picky about super accurate robot modes. I loved the Robot Heroes and, to a lesser extent, the Mighty Muggs lines and was actually sad to see them go away.

7. canonball

canonball Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are there any Revoltechs planned beyond the five we got? Anyone know?

8. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

Revoltech are Non-Transforming Transformers!!!

9. Deceptijohn

News Credits:

Well duh....but as was mentioned above there are only 5 revo TFs currently and there is not a revo line specifically dedicated to TF releases. Also revos are small and have no metal content. My dream is a little more expansive than what revo has or can offer.

10. aurascope

aurascope Kitbash Resource Indexer

Ebay:
    what you are asking for can be fulfilled by commissioning a few custom figures.

11. Deceptijohn

News Credits:

So you mean if I commission a few custom figures then Hasbro/Takara will see the error of neglecting my desires and mass release an SRC/SOC-like line of super articulated robot modes at reasonable prices!?!?! Jumping jesus on a pogo stick why didn't you say so earlier!!?!?!

:) 

12. UKBrawn

UKBrawn No arms just CLAWS!!

I think it is a nice idea, but I like to switch between alt modes on display with the g1 cars etc. It works better with the chunky kind of Japanese designs I think.

I have one SOC Getter Dragon, he is beautiful, but but he fell off his base connector and the weight of his semi metal body caused his flimsy plastic waist connector to break and his arm to snap. GRRR!

13. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    All your sarcasm aside. NO! Hasbro will not see the error of their ways because what you desire doesn't even have enough fan interest to warrant a 3rd party to do non-transforming Transformers.

So the other poster's insightful information IS the only way you will get your dream to come true. Be thankful next time, no need to be snooty.

Thanx
    Transbot90210

14. Deceptijohn

News Credits:
    You can't put the sarcasm aside, because that's all my post contained!

15. robvega214

robvega214 Mp5_Brut

i also prefer the accurate cartoon Transformers...i never pose them in alt mode..
    i looked at my iron hide and slap'd him silly for not lookin like the cartoon

16. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Can't say I'd have any interest in that kind of line. More for you guys I guess.

17. Dex17113

Dex17113 Well-Known Member

I'd totally go for something like that - if for no other reason they would be epic for display purposes.

18. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    Not interested; I might display my TF's in robot mode but I like options.

Now if they make the Zombie bots from TFPrime a sub-line of Robot Replicas, then yeah that will be cool as they don't Transform, as a sub-line only.

19. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    I don't think I would buy any. For me it is the transforming feature that draws me to the line more than the characters.

20. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Your attitude is not going to get you very far here in TFW2005. This board is different from others. They worked hard when creating this community of respect and no trolling.

So have fun because if your attitude keeps up you won't be here long.