Minor/Repaint: Non TF- TrueGritt GI JOE customs

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by DavAnthony, Jul 17, 2011.

1. DavAnthony

DavAnthony Well-Known Member

I've been working on a lot of these for about a year along with some Transformer customs I hope to get up soon. Have a bunch more GI JOE figures waiting for finishing touches.
    Enjoy

Dart
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I wanted to update some of the JvsC era figures and considering Dart and Blackout were two of my favorites I decided to update them into the classic theme.

Blackout
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Same as above I wanted to give this character a more grounded look. Also I decided to scar up his face a bit as well as some minor burn marks. Blackout is supposed to be a pretty sick guy and I wanted to convey that with this figure.

Crystal Ball
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    One of the things I wanted to challenge myself this go around was not doing straight "redo" of the classic look of some of the more "extreme" looking figures but wanted to add a slight bent to them, updating them but keeping them inline with their original looks. I wanted a gypsy/Rasputin feel to Crystal Ball and I'm happy with how he came out.

Downtown
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I've been working on this figure for a year. I was never happy with the look and kept tinkering with him on and off. Ultimately I decided to tone done his color scheme and add more camo to the figure. So basically any area that was red has camo now, except for a few places where I kept it to shout back to the original figure. I also wanted a Colonial Marine feel to him and went for that as well. If you look closely he has a bullet hole in his helmet which I figured he keeps to prove his lack of fear.

Dr. Mindbender
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I really didn't like the version that came with the Defense of Cobra Island pack. I ended up using his web gear, lower legs, and cape. That was about all that I felt was salvageable from the figure we got. I feel I finally have the Mindbender that reminds me of how he looked in the cartoon and comic but also what I had hoped we would get. I didn't bother with his monocle because I never liked it and I figured it is more than plausible the good doctor would get laser eye surgery in the 21st century.

Muskrat
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I don't know what it is about Muskrat but I loved this figure as a kid. I wanted to do a pretty faithful copy of the classic figure and went for that looks pretty strongly with this figure. To get the look I wanted I had to alter a lot o parts through sanding and sculpting. I was planning this figure for a little over a year but when it finally came together I made him in less than a day.

Psyche Out
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Another BIG challenge. I liked Psyche Out in the comics but the figure was a bit over the top. I wanted to update this figure and also bring him down to earth in his look. Therefore any silver has been replaced with grey and his strange chest harness that he has is more of a tactical vest now where he would keep papers on people and psychological warfare plans. I'm really happy with how he turned out. The figure feels like Psyche Out to me but has a more muted 21st century military tactician feel to me.

More coming in the next few months!

Attached Files:

2. Steve2477

Steve2477 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Awesome customs.

3. Archangel_B4U

Archangel_B4U Well-Known Member

Really loving the Psyche Out and Downtown was two my favs as a kid very nice work :thumbs2: 

4. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

nice work man,keep um coming!

5. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

I agree.Those are the Stand outs in this line up.Without even saying,You just knew those 2(if your a joe fan that is).I like everything,those just got my attention.

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    These look really awesome!

7. DavAnthony

DavAnthony Well-Known Member

Thanks Guys I'm glad you enjoyed them. Working on some Transformers to post soon and more GiJoe's soon
    Dave