Minor/Repaint: Non-Headmaster Hardhead

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by REDLINE, Jun 21, 2008.

1. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    not bad. I really like the concept you've got here too. and this is just your first entry? :peoples:  you have a customs logo sig, and have been here since 2006!

2. repair_bay

repair_bay Scramble Power!

Ebay:
    Well, long-story short: I love Headmasters. However, something always bugged me with the toys. As much as I love the gimmick, shouldn't it also be possible for them to be just transform like any other Transformer? Hardhead is a prime example. When he transforms into vehicle mode, his cockpit covers where his head should be. was it always that way, even before the Headmaster modification? Hey, maybe.

A few weeks ago, I bought a Junker Hardhead body from Moroni Prime so that I could use the Tech Specs Meter for a custom body for Headmaster Rodney. I figured, since I now had a empty Transector, why not make a PRE-Headmaster Hardhead. Wouldn't it be neat. Plus, I think of it this way. What about those people who hate this gimmick, but are pretty cool with the figures themselves? Something like this might be cool.

Anyways, here's my custom hand-sculpted Hardhead...er, head. Needs a bit of touch-up work, but I think it came out fairly decent. I figure I'll have it spring loaded, so that when the cockpit is pulled back to form the backpack, its just kinda...comes up. Like Shockwave's head. Only problem I've had is with the screws that keep his chest and back together. They get in the way, and its pretty irritating. Still, I think I've found a way around it. More pics to come as I finish some fine detail, paint, etc.

Hope you guys enjoy!

Attached Files:

3. repair_bay

repair_bay Scramble Power!

Ebay:
    Well, I mostly post on Seibertron. But I do like the custom boards here better and have decided to star posting more stuff here. I've done a few things, mostly repaints, and I make repro boxes, a business I've been meaning to get into. I'll be doing alot more stuff since summer is here and I don't have to deal with school for right now.

If you click on the pic in my sig you can see the G1 Tidal Wave I was working on. Still a bit of work to do there, but I want to get this one finished.

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    awesome, well, welcome aboard. I hope you'll submit your stuff for gallery inclusion when we reopen that finally, which is really soon. I'd love to get a decent number of custom boxes, we only have 2 galleries of those.

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I also love Headmasters (and I'm a NUT for Targetmasters!)! So far, all of the work you've done looks great. The concept is really cool, and I can't wait to see everything pulled off!

Also, I'm glad to see you here! Welcome, Radicon! :thumb  I hope we see a ton of things from ya! :)