Non-G1 Classics We Need

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by lordcryotek, Dec 20, 2010.

1. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Well-Known Member

Alright, I got back into Transformers after a brief break from them after BW when Armada came out. G2 Inferno, and many other G2 figures were my first toys. Then, of course, there is BW that has gotten some attention, albeit not enough.

This is the classics update thread for characters that don't fit in with the usual favorites, but were still memorable. I love G1, but many other figures and characters from the less popular lines were very memorable for me and deserve an update at some point. For these figures, I'm thinking something in the vein of the pseudo-classics we've received as filler for the Movie main line (Lugnut, Bludgeon, Brawn, Seaspray, etc...).

1. Tidal Wave
    I have all three of the Tidal Wave figures that came out main-line, and I would buy any update of him.

What he needs in an update:
    More articulation! Realistic Alt-mode! Same over-sized Ultra!The original figure was amazing but it lacked some key points of articulation that could've made the figure even better. The figure also featured a rather unrealistic alt-mode that separated into three parts, and to bring it into the new age of classics/movie stuff. A single realistic battleship alt mode would be perfect.

2. A Sideways/GF Noise Maze
    Not everyone's favorite, but one of mine and fairly iconic of the Unicron series due to his relation to Unicron and the update thereof. The headmaster/faction change gimmick was a new addition that we hadn't had for nearly 20 years, and while not perfectly executed, it was fun. This figure sort of summed up all that was good, and all that was bad with Armada. The rider figure of the combined heads was one of my favorite mini-cons. The GF figure that updated Sideways was excellent in all regards and had an excellent paint-schem, but lacked the fun headmaster and minicon features that the original came with.

What he needs in an update:
    In seeking to update the character as a whole, I'd take the best of both figures and put them into one. Alt mode? Unsure..maybe a tron-style motorcycle (working models that are similar have been made). Take the color-scheme, articulation, and head-sculpt of Noise Maze. Use a single rider mini-con that transforms into a head/back-pack to activate the faction-change gimmick. Keep with the sharp angles found in Noise Maze, but allow for the alternate head that evokes the style of Sideways' original headmasters. These are just my ideas on the figure, but it needs an update anyhow. It may just be easier to update the Armada figure, as the GF/Cyb figure stands by itself. A Laser-cycle remold would be nice for either this figure or Wreck-Gar would be excellent.

3. Cyberjets
    Any Cyberjet will do--we got a nice sort-of homage with Terradive, but the classic cyberjet face and missile arm that made the figures unique was not replicated in this figure. These were some of my favorite figures as a kid, due to their excellent articulation and excellent alt-modes.

What they need in an update:
    More articulation, and more detail of course. The Cyberjet head is essential, and neon paint is a must. A missile/claw arm would be excellent. This one's pretty simple.

Just some ideas for now, post with your own.

2. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For what it's worth, the Movie mold for Dreadwing/Overcast was reused for Fearswoop, which is an homage to Hooligan.

Not exactly the Classics aesthetic, but the intent is there.

3. Lacimehc

Lacimehc Tastes like medicine

Beast Wars Blackarachnia... I want a show accurate version of her robot mode already. She should not have to be a repaint of Tarantulas.

I also want a Beast Machines Botanica.

4. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Wasp/Waspinator: I would love it if he got his own mold as a car or a jet, but a repaint would not bug me.

Cybertron Scattorshot: I like Autobots that are simply an armory with legs.

TFA Bulkhead: We have Classics versions of Lugnut and Lockdown (sorta), now we need Bulkhead.

Cybertron Crumplezone: He could be repainted from Bulkhead, but I would prefer a new mold.

Magmatron: His robot mode could be formed from a jet, a wrecking crane, and an artillery vehicle as a homage to the Seekers, Constructicons, and Combaticons.

5. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Beast Wars Rhinox & Blackarachnia (it'd be nice if both got show-accurate figures, especially if Rhinox could land a Voyager class toy)

Beast Machines Botanica & Silverbolt

Armada Sideswipe (mostly to help me forget the original Armada release)

Armada Megatron/Galvatron (not everyone's favorite Megs design, but I like the original toy and wouldn't mind seeing a new version with added posability being gained in exchange for ditching the electronics and perhaps some height...FunPub could even repaint it as Megazarak for a Botcon set, like the original Armada Megs was repainted by FunPub's predecessors)

War Within toys (ditch the die-cast and crappy execution of the Titanium line for something much better)

Armada Demolishor

Cybertron Scourge (I like the original a lot, but they skimped a bit on dynamic posability)

Beast Wars Transmetal Megatron (not because the original toy is bad, but because the Hasbro original has the crappy brown plastic issue, not everyone can afford to throw down money for the Takara version, and I don't know how likely we are to see anymore Beast Wars reissues)

6. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Agreed on both counts.

7. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Beast Wars Rhinox
    Beast Machines Tankor
    Beast Wars Blackarachnia

8. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    I've been lobbying for those two to redone, especially Blackarachnia.

9. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Strika

10. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    BW Rhinox, BM Strika, and some more RiD love is needed (new moulds please!).

11. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    Rattrap! ;) 

12. Buzzer-Bot

Buzzer-Bot Kamikaze

Here are some I think deserved more:

G2
    -Dreadwing and Smokescreen
    -Maybe Combat/Hero Prime and Megs
    -Electro, nuff said bout the Lord of GPS, he deserves a new spark.

BW/BM
    -Those unreleased TM and Fuzor guys, I would want that Griffin Primal
    -Optimal OP
    -Rampage
    -Depthcharge
    -Megatron(TM2, though I would be surprised if they do the Gator one)
    -Lio Convoy
    -Big Convoy
    -the Vehicons

A/E/U
    Demolishor
    Tidal Wave
    Scorponok
    Wing Saber

Bayformers
    Blackout
    Barricade

13. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Beast Machines Megatron. Amazing character whose crappy Mega class toy in NO way did him justice.

14. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i'd like to see them really dig into obscurity and pull out some Machine Wars homages.
    Thunder Clash, Sandstorm to name a couple.

what about King Atlas??

15. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Thunder Clash and Sandstorm are G1.

16. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

he means their MW versions, :)  aka, Rotorstorm. And technically Thunder Clash is G2 :lol 

and i know the perfect mold for thunderclash/mw optimus.

g2 laser prime mold;

[​IMG]

after all that is who is on the god damn BOX!

:lol 

17. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

No, Thunder Clash and Rotorstorm are G1.

And I don't think he is referring to their MW versions since that would mean he's talking about Optimus Prime.

18. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

according to thunderclashes BOX he's g2, so i am sticking to that, and i said he was referring to ONLY rotorstorm's repaint, as he wants the sandstorm repaint version, and he wants the thunderclash repaint too.

so in my opinion, thunderclash is close enough to NOT being g1; :lol 

so let the guy have his hope for a thunderclash, whether it is G1 or G2, or MW or what ever; k? ;) 

19. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I'm not opposed to his idea, I'm merely correcting him.

And here is Thunder Clash's box. G1 Autobot symbol on the packaging and the toy.

[​IMG]

20. Takeout

Takeout Mistress of the Night

We SO need an Armada Demolishor revamp.

And BM Obsidian. In his sweet RID paintjob.